Click here for Liverpool FC personalised gift shop

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Football shakeup spearheaded by LFC and MUFC?!

Quote Originally Posted by shminkyred View Post
    What does it mean....They are pushing a support agenda for the lower leagues..but they aint giving that away for nthing...sooo whats the real angle?
    They want more power for themselves. The support agenda is just to win lower league clubs' votes right now since they're facing financial ruin during the COVID crisis.

If this is passed, this 8.5% will shrink over the next 10-15 years quite quickly, since the top 6 will basically be free to create the type of league that best suits them and no one else.

At the risk of repeating myself: Fuck that fucking bullshite.
    Etiamsi omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    They want more power for themselves. The support agenda is just to win lower league clubs' votes right now since they're facing financial ruin during the COVID crisis.

If this is passed, this 8.5% will shrink over the next 10-15 years quite quickly, since the top 6 will basically be free to create the type of league that best suits them and no one else.

At the risk of repeating myself: Fuck that fucking bullshite.

Completely and totally 100% correct Bali, and just shows how easy it is to fool so many. Scary times...

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Completely and totally 100% correct Bali, and just shows how easy it is to fool so many. Scary times...
    I know, right?? The more I think and read about this, the more petrified I am. Same with the way the UEFA competitions are going in the next years. Fucking atrocious.
    Etiamsi omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    I know, right??
    Student

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Student
    Not anymore!
    Etiamsi omnes, ego non

Obligatory:

For fuck's sake, Parry!!!

(I'm surprised no one else has landed this one in before I did, to be honest)
    To be precise it's only a portion of me downloaded via satellite.
    This Gynoid's E-brain lacks.........capacity.

Hehe - good one CD..

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Hehe - good one CD..
    You just knew someone like him had to be behind shite like this.

Now all we need is to find out that Hicks and Gillete are financially backing this whole venture and then someone get Comolli from whatever hole he's been buried in and we can all have fine jolly reunion party.
    Like it's 2008 all over again.
    To be precise it's only a portion of me downloaded via satellite.
    This Gynoid's E-brain lacks.........capacity.

There's a lot of good parts to the proposal.

At the moment EFL teams get 4% of tv revenue, so suddenly getting 25% is a massive shot in the arm of fall of these clubs, as long as the money is managed carefully and doesn't cause a mass Leeds United effect of the 90s.

The main point to address is the big six plus 3 others getting the only vote. I agree that Liverpool should have more of a right to vote than say Barnsley, as like it or not we are a much bigger draw etc. What would be fairer though is every club gets 10 votes, one for each season that they've been in the league over the past decade. They can still keep the two thirds majority needed to pass a motion though.

Obviously there's different ways to look at this, but what Liverpool have done is force the issue of change needing to be made. Whether or not anything comes of our proposal, it's now very hard for the FA to remain as it is, burying its head in the sand watching the rich get richer while they sell the rights abroad, ignoring grass roots footie.

Of course they were going to put in a few good ideas in there. How else would they get the rest of the EFL on side? Throw them the table scraps and pave the way for the European Super League.

Corporate swine the lot of them.
    Etiamsi omnes, ego non