Click here for Liverpool FC personalised gift shop

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Premier league/Sky.Bt to charge 15 per game Ppv

Subscribing to Sky for a multitude of other programs and series is very different to subscribing to Sky or BT for football only and solely to watch the team you support

I do not see why or how they get away with making subscribers pay for them to get involved in/with and trying to create lucrative platforms for more sports they have zero interest in at all.

The Sports broadcasting needs to be far better regulated, they should all be made to provide an option allowing users to subscribe solely for their sides televised games, and their chosen club should benefit from the number of users who do subscribe solely to watch their games.

The current state of affairs rips off subscribers and the better supported clubs
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    If were stealing from clubs how come everyone from Australia to America can have a reasonably priced subscription service that allows them watch their preferred match at 10 to 15 quid a month. Id happily pay 20 quid a month for football. 20 all in. No sky/bt bollocks on top of it. People in UK and Ireland really need to switch off from these twats. Despite is being good I've nevervwatched less football in my life than the last 2 or 3 years. As a "product" its become really stale and boring.
    You're absolutely right Eggy, we should be allowed to pay £20 a month to watch solely the side we support with none of the other absolutely guff we have no interest in and the vast majority of the proceeds of our subscriptions should go to our club, not be split across every club in the League or Champions League
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    If were stealing from clubs how come everyone from Australia to America can have a reasonably priced subscription service that allows them watch their preferred match at 10 to 15 quid a month. Id happily pay 20 quid a month for football. 20 all in. No sky/bt bollocks on top of it. People in UK and Ireland really need to switch off from these twats. Despite is being good I've nevervwatched less football in my life than the last 2 or 3 years. As a "product" its become really stale and boring.
    Totally agree mate it's greed. It's the same with the airlines they're crying out now for help but they're not too slow when a flight to Liverpool from Belfast is about £40 on a Wednesday afternoon. But the minute the Champions league fixtures come out they jump to £140+.
    People are going to lose interest in football if the greed continues.

Does anyone know what pubs were paying for live football before this virus and now during the current scenario.
    It must also be hard on pubs with 10pm curfew with some matches reaching that curfew time in normal time and perhaps penalties looming after.

I use the Race Network (based in Ireland judging by the adverts) to watch Liverpool games. It currently costs about £5 a month to watch any football plus most other sports channels.
    I'm wondering how it's going to be affected with this new pay per view scenario!