Page 10 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161720 ... LastLast

Thread: Injury/Covid infection Update Thread 20/21

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    David Ormstein from Anfield watch saying Virgils injury is worse than first thought and he most definitely wont be back thos season.
    Nobody else reporting it that I can see - not sure it that makes it more (or less) reliable.

Not heartening to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Nobody else reporting it that I can see - not sure it that makes it more (or less) reliable.

Not heartening to hear.
    Yeah I'm not sure how reliable he is. Personally didnt expect him back this season but like Steveo says hopefully it doesnt go into next season.
    If he doesnt play this one so be it. Needs to be right for the next one.

Even if he was ever going to be able to come back from the injury this season, in all likelihood he wouldn't have been able to get back to full speed and fully to 100%.

ACL injuries are notoriously difficult to come back from and to recover your full fitness from - across all sports, and most so for football which is really heavily reliant on mobility and durability on that part of the leg.

Best hope is once the club determine a reasonable timeline for his return, that they give him enough time to recover fully and hopefully we get him closer to 100% next season than potentially a 50-60% Virgil with a couple of weeks left in the season and a high risk for re-aggravating it and setting our next season back as well.

The irony of all this is that with all the Center-backs we're now being linked with (Koulibay, Upemecano(sp?),...etc.) for the January window, we might actually end up getting that perfect Center-Back partner for him....

.......but for next season.

I at hope we get back Allison by the end of the month like he's expected to return. And perhaps one of the youngsters will surprise us and step up into the role filling in at CB - though, more likely Fabby and Hendo will end up logging a lot more minutes back there than either had hoped for..
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

When is

Ox back!?

And likelihood of Thiago Keita and Matip fit.

Good to see Shaqiri back. He looked sharp and full of running . His passing was brilliant tonight .

Seems like Rhys Williams ahead of Billy and VDB .

Mane ice on his leg.

I hope his ACL operation is minor one, He still able to walk out of the field. I hope it is not too serious.

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    Mane ice on his leg.
    Highly doubt that is anything to worry about, thankfully. A lot of players will ice their legs after matches as part of accelerated muscle recovery and I don't think Klopp or anyone mentioned a knock - weekend is approaching quickly so we will no doubt know either way very soon.

Klopp said Manč's had a dead leg for a few days and just preventively puts ice on it whenever not playing.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Origi ?

Don't know which thread to pit this in really...
    I have seen enough of Rhys Williams to feel that if push came to shove, if Trent needed a rest for a game for example in the upcoming rush of fixtures, that I would feel fairly confident to have Rhys Williams partnering a kind of mentor at centre back like Fabinho, and move Joe Gomez to right back. I would prefer that to having Neko Williams at right back, who I think needs a loan spell somewhere.
    Also people have talked about Trent moving up into midfield. But I am not sure if he has played midfield in our system. Where would he play in midfield? I think he has a skill set which is better than we realise though.