Page 15 of 45 FirstFirst ... 5891011121314151617181920212225 ... LastLast

Thread: Injury/Covid infection Update Thread 20/21

Looks like england have enough defenders in the squad for upcoming international break

Hopefully TAA and Gomez hardly play!!!!!

And henderson I do worry about him, I still feel he's not 100% and he works very hard.. but that can come with injury's with over-use obviously, like for any of us normal people.

How about calling big Virgil instead Gareth?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54833194
    Offender Of The Offended...!!

It`s Better To Reign In Hell, Than Serve In Heaven!

Disappointing from Southgate, blaming "the profile of the player involved".

Engerland keeper - a sacred cow. Blame cannot be apportioned no matter how blatant the wrong, it’s pathetic.

No mention of how bad the challenge/assault was - no attempt at balance - business as usual and infer Pickford has been the victim of a witch hunt.

I mean tbf he's the England manager - he's hardly going to be all objective and fair.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

He could easily have mentioned the “unfortunate” incident and that players make “mistakes” get their tackles “wrong” in the heat of battle etc...Something - anything to at least acknowledge that Pickford - despite being the ‘poor victim’ of outrage is not an innocent.

Southgate has totally disregarded WHY there was outrage in the first place. As though Van Dijk wasn’t the real victim but just a high profile individual. At least that is how it appears in the article. It is possible that the BBC has edited it.

I know what you mean, but why would he? I mean what does his team gain from this? Hendo and the other LFC lads won't be less motivated to play I don't think.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

The manager should check in with his players after an 'incident' but to offer support?! The BBC make it sound like Pickford was the victim, mentioning that the police investigated...not Pickford but some offensive remarks online! Unbelievable.

Southgate. Could England have a more "drink of water" for a manager. Nice chap I'm sure but I dont think his stag weekend will have been a one to remember.
    I honestly dont think I could actually give less of a fuck about England than I do. It's a constant source of argument between me and my cousins who are die hard Englanders.
    They matter so little to me its unreal.

News breaking that Pfizer have a vaccine that all scientists say offer 90% protection against Covid could possibly be available by the beginning of next year. UK Gov said to have procured 40m doses pending certification
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”