Page 17 of 45 FirstFirst ... 710111213141516171819202122232427 ... LastLast

Thread: Injury/Covid infection Update Thread 20/21

Bloody awful news on Trent and Thiago hmm - sounds like one that could run and run... the injury that is..

Bloody hell - we have done so well on the injury front for so long - it was always likely to come back with a vengeance, but feels like we are getting more than our fair share right now.

I've just been speaking to a friend whose sister is a doctor in Germany and her sister knew of this vaccine on 1st Nov. Health workers will be first in line.

Let's hope there are no side effects for the health workers

Quote Originally Posted by stevie harkness View Post
    I've just been speaking to a friend whose sister is a doctor in Germany and her sister knew of this vaccine on 1st Nov. Health workers will be first in line.
    Tbf the vaccine's probably been around for months. What's hitting the news today is that internal testing suggests it's 90% effective. That's internal testing, mind you.

Means nothing if the authorities can't validate the result.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Russia's Sputnik V vaccine against COVID-19 is more than 90% effective, a representative of the health ministry said on Monday, citing data collated from vaccinations of the public rather than from an ongoing trial...

Quote Originally Posted by stevie harkness View Post
    Russia's Sputnik V vaccine against COVID-19 is more than 90% effective, a representative of the health ministry said on Monday, citing data collated from vaccinations of the public rather than from an ongoing trial...
    hhhmm...

Must be the reason why Putin won't let himself be in a room with anyone who hasn't been tested, re-tested and tested again for infection, despite their "90% effective" vaccine.
    Also, are they only just finding this out now? Nice coincidence on the same day that Pfizer make their announcement.

Hopefully,..."Boris",.....this,.."representative of the health ministry" (and TOTALLY not a GRU official. .... Totally),....will furnish the rest of the international medical science research community with numbers that can be properly scrutinized.
    Must be the reason why Putin still won't be in the same room with anyone who hasn't been thoroughly tested and re-tested for infection despite this "90% effective" vaccine of theirs.
    Last edited by Crimson Dynasty; 9th November 2020 at 08:43 PM.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

I had hoped for better news from the Trent injury front.
    We'll definitely miss some of what he gives us going forward with attacks for those 4 weeks and the only silver lining I can glean from this is that half of that is the international break, so that should soften the blow somewhat.

Hopefully we're able to cope with Milly and Williams covering for him (though I suspect Klopp will find himself leaning more on Milly for the role. Let's hope Mr. Ribena's famous durability holds).

Also sad to hear about Thiago.
    Was really looking forward to seeing a line-up with him puling the strings in Mid alongside Shaqiri and a frontline of Mane, Mo and Jota.
    Them three would be feasting on chances and goals for days from the opportunities created by that center-mid pairing.

At least Fabby isn't that far away from a return.
    We never know how long Mr. Glass (Matip) will be able to hold up.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    There is probably some truth to this.

Prior to the election, the Pfizer CEO made a point that they did not want their vaccine politized or used by either side to try to distort the science or interfere with the important work that still had to be done.

I can totally see a scenario whereby they had the information last week (or at least access to it), but then they made the deliberate choice to wait to release it AFTER the election.
    Imagine what Trump would have done with a news release like that going into the election.

There's also the other fact that Pfizer were not part of the Trump administration's Project 'Warpspeed' (<=insert major eyeroll here) that's supposed to help facilitate the search for a vaccine, and as a result took no government funds to develop their vaccine. Which would also underline the notion that any credit that Trump or his administration tried to take for it (and will still try) would be totally undeserved.

I mean, just look at how he's trying to take the credit for how the stock market is reacting to the news already - even though the markets (not just in the US, but all over the world) were already experiencing a major bump prior to the Pfizer announcement, in the aftermath of the elections getting called on Saturday and the news that he had lost.

In other words, he's unironically and obliviously celebrating the fact that the Stock markets are (in part) reacting positively to the news that he was defeated.

That man will never be accused of having an over-abundance of self-awareness.
    Trumpy had claimed a vaccine was going to be ready by the end of the year, often fact checked as false/lies.
    Wonder how the withholding of this data till after the election will go down with his supporters ? Seems in the current environment that choice made cannot escape politicisiation despite the rationalisation.

I'd suggest the stock markets are reacting as they have done with regard to us election results as
    1) they know Biden will not deliver a Sanders manifesto, 2 dnc primaires know with scandals to keep him out
    2) they like seeing what most seem to think will be a division of power - house of reps less of a dem majority, Senate expected to hold a rep majority, president more likely Biden. State legislatures, Senates, Governors iirc, trifectas rep majority nationally.
    3) Biden it seems will be more friendly with China in terms of tariffs and in not seeking a decoupling, so that is a positive for a good few stocks that are invested in China, while his historical record would be welcome to Raytheon etc being more of an interventionist.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Fantastic news - what are the chances this wasn't known a while ago.?
    It was speculated by conspiracy theorists that the narrative and media info around covid would change after an election should biden win many months ago.
    https://www.insidehook.com/daily_brief/music/germany-coronavirus-safe-concerts
    November 3rd 2020 ^^

BLM protests reduced the spread of covid, lockdown protests spread it and trump rallies killed 700-800 people iirc headlines.
    Funny old virus that way

Indeed CC - it seems to be such a selective little blighter.