Page 23 of 45 FirstFirst ... 1316171819202122232425262728293033 ... LastLast

Thread: Injury/Covid infection Update Thread 20/21

@Steveo

Starting to use his right foot as more than a cane would also help with that.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Espn reporting Mo Salah has now tested positive.
    Aahh... this just keeps getting better and better. Step up Big Shaq.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

At least he wont have to play a game or 2.. hopefully back in a couple of weeks
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    @Steveo

Starting to use his right foot as more than a cane would also help with that.

Aahh... this just keeps getting better and better. Step up Big Shaq.
    Yes on Robbo and using the right foot.

As for Salah testing positive.. Well I really don't know what to say. It is like we are being hammered on all sides. Quite frankly this season was a right off already BUT to then have these international breaks crammed into an already maddeningly congested schedule goes beyond all reason.

With infections at such an all time high AND the need to self isolate following a positive - then why on earth are we allowing players to fly around the globe at this time..? Surely the first thing to take a back seat was international football.? I mean SURELY..??

WTF is going on..?
    Last edited by Steveo; 13th November 2020 at 04:54 PM.

Salah returned a positive test but is not displaying any symptoms. The other members of the team tested negative. Just like Tsimikas last time. What are the chances?

Recent events sum up exactly why we need(ed) a big squad, one filled with quality. It's one thing wanting that when you're a small-medium sized club, but something else entirely when you are one of the top four or five biggest/richest clubs in the world, are the current PL champions, and recent CL and WCC champions.

Those of us with any sense knew our limited squad (both in terms of size and strength) was going to bite us on the backside at some point, and lo and behold over the last few days our chickens certainly have come home to roost.

Salah attended a family wedding too.

As I said the other day the best team probably wont win the league.

Leicester possibly favourites to beat us most of their best players are at home chilling.

2 more games of this shit to go so the gloom is likely to get worse for teams.

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    Recent events sum up exactly why we need(ed) a big squad, one filled with quality. It's one thing wanting that when you're a small-medium sized club, but something else entirely when you are one of the top four or five biggest/richest clubs in the world, are the current PL champions, and recent CL and WCC champions.

Those of us with any sense knew our limited squad (both in terms of size and strength) was going to bite us on the backside at some point, and lo and behold over the last few days our chickens certainly have come home to roost.
    We do have a big squad only CB is where we are a player light.

How many players do you think we should have ?

If we signed anyone they'd have to be British too as our limit has been reached in the PL squad.

We will be beyond smug if we win the League the way this season is going.

fuuuuuuuuck this shite.

Fuck this fucking shitstain of a season up its bloody arse.

Most of all fuck these stupid Internationals, the international break, friendlies that no one asked for that even national managers think are a stupid waste of time endangering players health,.....just so some greedy twats at FIFA, UEFA and the TV broadcasting conglomerates can make a few more quid.

We've practically lost our best players in just past couple of weeks - on both ends of the pitch, or at least certainly the two highest wage earners (thank fuck Allisson was able to get back)

Hopefully this isn't a long layoff and he's able to shave off one of those self-quarantine weeks in the break, and he ends up missing only a game.

But fuuuuck, what a game to miss,.
    Leicester will be licking their hands to play us now without Virgil, Salah, Gomez, Trent, Thiago, .....(well see about Fabby. Hopefully he's not far from a return).

Have I already said, fuck this bloody shite?
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    We will be beyond smug if we win the League the way this season is going.
    If we do go on to win it and defend our title, in my opinion, given all the team will have had to navigate to do so ( no fans at Anfield, losing our best defender,, and THE best defender in the world for the season, losing loads of other players to injuries, VAR shenanigans, .....etc)....it will be the BEST (and toughest) title we've ever won hands down.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!