Page 24 of 45 FirstFirst ... 1417181920212223242526272829303134 ... LastLast

Thread: Injury/Covid infection Update Thread 20/21

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    We do have a big squad only CB is where we are a player light.

How many players do you think we should have ?

If we signed anyone they'd have to be British too as our limit has been reached in the PL squad.
    Yep. 100%

It always looks worse when you have a number of injuries happening all at the same time an in multiple positions.

We're not collecting World Class Player trading cards that you can just slot in when a player (or two gets injured).

Losing your best players is always a blow. But who'd you epxect to come in and just sit on the bench waiting until an injury happens that is at the same level of our best players? Or do you just expect the entire squad from 1-30 to be World Class mega stars!?

Shaqiri might get his chance, Jota will deffo play more games now. We have options.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

Salah could be back for Leicester if he had the test yesterday now the game has been moved to Sunday.

That is 10 days but id still guess its unlikely he plays.

Salah could be back for Leicester if he had the test yesterday now the game has been moved to Sunday.

That is 10 days but id still guess its unlikely he plays.
    Missing two if you go by what BBC are reporting. The Leicester game, and the CL game with Atalanta.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

We do have a big squad only CB is where we are a player light.

How many players do you think we should have ?

If we signed anyone they'd have to be British too as our limit has been reached in the PL squad.
    When it comes a squad full of quality, and just as importantly fit players, we are severely lacking, and that has been the case for a long time. Look beyond our first eleven in terms of both of those things, and suddenly things look on much shakier ground than they should be.

I think we should have a squad where we have enough fit and able players to 'adequately' cover for those higher up the pecking order who happen to be missing. If that means having a squad that seems overstocked when most, if not all of our players are available, then so be it.

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    When it comes a squad full of quality, and just as importantly fit players, we are severely lacking, and that has been the case for a long time. Look beyond our first eleven in terms of both of those things, and suddenly things look on much shakier ground than they should be.

I think we should have a squad where we have enough fit and able players to 'adequately' cover for those higher up the pecking order who happen to be missing. If that means having a squad that seems overstocked when most, if not all of our players are available, then so be it.
    Well we have Jota to cover the front positions now you can add Shaqiri/Origi to that list.

Midfield is stacked cant argue with what we have.

LB is covered RB is covered it is one CB down.

When you see bang average players like Iwobi costing £35m it is an expensive game getting real quality in and IF Matip/VVD were fit you are asking a CB to sit on the bench....Gomez is a very good player he would be worth £40-50m if he didnt pick up injuries possibly £60-70m due to his age/experience.

What next

ffs

Salah joins the ranks of Mane, Tsimikas, Shaqiri, Keita and Thiago in testing positive so far...

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Henderson was thankfully on the bench! although he could of started in goal last night in truth

but you know, this irish lad has defo spat into someones mouth and then said player has gone into the dressing room and given it to henderson

Doomed
    Probably Declan Rice, can't be trusted.

Origi, Shaq, Minamino .....

as back up to Bobby, Mane and Jota while Salah gets clear

I had heard that Bobby & Allison had tested positive but I doubt that's true
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

Quote Originally Posted by vin View Post
    Origi, Shaq, Minamino .....

as back up to Bobby, Mane and Jota while Salah gets clear

I had heard that Bobby & Allison had tested positive but I doubt that's true
    Hope not we need Bobby at CB