Page 30 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2023242526272829303132333435363740 ... LastLast

Thread: Injury/Covid infection Update Thread 20/21

Maureen whinging and having a bit of a moan...

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/55018838

"Tottenham Hotspur's Jose Mourinho says England boss Gareth Southgate should name managers who pressurise players to withdraw from international duty.

Southgate said players were under "huge pressure" from clubs and there was a "power game" with their managers.

Mourinho also says "we all know" Raheem Sterling of Manchester City will face Spurs despite his England withdrawal.

"I would like him to say who," said Mourinho. "Who are the coaches that put pressure on the players not to go?"
    Apparently he's upset that Sterling is still set to play against them despite withdrawing from Ingerland's last two international matches with "injury". I can't help but feel like he was having a bit of a pop at Klopp as well, with Southgate calling him to have to explain away Gomez picking up a major (possibly season-ending) injury and Jordan also picking up a knock.

So, just another Friday, with Maureen on his whinge bicycle...

In other news, after an extensive months long research, spanning the globe and involving some of the world's brightest minds and most experienced scientists, they are now happy to announce their long-awaited results that......

Water,.......apparently,........

...and surprisingly...

...still wet.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Maureen is probably the biggest hypocrite within a profession that is stuffed full of hypocrites.

As soon as he starts having issues with injuries he'll change his tune, if not publicly, then certainly 'internally' be it within the walls of the club he happens to be managing at the time, or the thoughts that happen to be rattling around inside his skull.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    c.o.a.t.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Haha. Quality.

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    Maureen is probably the biggest hypocrite within a profession that is stuffed full of hypocrites.

As soon as he starts having issues with injuries he'll change his tune, if not publicly, then certainly 'internally' be it within the walls of the club he happens to be managing at the time, or the thoughts that happen to be rattling around inside his skull.
    Im going to defend Mourinho here i think he is RIGHT he said this from start.

Southgate told him if Kane needs a rest Spurs should bench him this is my problem with international football if Kane picked up a 5 month injury it is Jose job on the line not Southgate.

Something needs to change around pointless friendlies.

Salah in contention for Wednesday's game against Atalanta....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55061148
    Offender Of The Offended...!!

It`s Better To Reign In Hell, Than Serve In Heaven!

I heard Tim Vickery on the radio last night talking about a Brasilian player, (for Santos I think). He got corona virus, isolated, then tested negative, but it turns out he had 'long' covid. In other words he didn't still have it really but the effects stayed with him for ages. It apparently caused his blood to thicken, and he had a thrombosis and died.
    Just saying we don't really know much about this disease. i think it is a bit nastier than people realise.
    Which of our squad has actually had it? Sadio, Mo Salah, Thiago....Alison?

Trent Naby Shaq and new LB have all had Covid too that we know of.

Didn't know Trent had Covid.

Offender Of The Offended...!!

It`s Better To Reign In Hell, Than Serve In Heaven!