Page 37 of 45 FirstFirst ... 27303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast

Thread: Injury/Covid infection Update Thread 20/21

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    I know just messing

I can't remember who thought it was a good idea, but i'm sure a few or at least one said!!
    I put on a few weeks ago that he was too good not to find a new club. I never said we should go for him, clubs seem to be holding back because of his injury record.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    I put on a few weeks ago that he was too good not to find a new club. I never said we should go for him, clubs seem to be holding back because of his injury record.
    Probably should find a slower/less physical league abroad

The Luxemburg league? is there one?
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    The Luxemburg league? is there one?
    I would think so.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

VvD back in light training at Kirby. The knee doesn't look as bad as Klopp made out. Would be great to have him back before the end of the season.

I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    VvD back in light training at Kirby. The knee doesn't look as bad as Klopp made out. Would be great to have him back before the end of the season.
    The idea of being able to play Van Dijk in a Champion's League semi-final or something this season is pretty dreamy.

I really hope we can knuckle down and continue to have a good season.

We'll know more about where we are in January but I don't Honestly foresee us being far behind whoever is top. We may even be top ourselves.

When's the Brazilian Kelleher back anyway?
    Offender Of The Offended...!!

It`s Better To Reign In Hell, Than Serve In Heaven!

Don't know - BUT the boy done fantastic AGAIN last night. We should have been a goal down on 17 mins - that save is top drawer by any standards.

IMO that is the save of a player who can score goals. (Ok OK I did hear he was a forward on Amazon ) ... watch how he knows what Podence is going to do.. He covers the near post to thwart any attempt at a rifled shot - leaving the forward with only one other option a skilled chip to the far post - BUT he spots the body shape and has the agility to get back and save what most keepers IMO would not even spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Don't know - BUT the boy done fantastic AGAIN last night. We should have been a goal down on 17 mins - that save is top drawer by any standards.

IMO that is the save of a player who can score goals. (Ok OK I did hear he was a forward on Amazon ) ... watch how he knows what Podence is going to do.. He covers the near post to thwart any attempt at a rifled shot - leaving the forward with only one other option a skilled chip to the far post - BUT he spots the body shape and has the agility to get back and save what most keepers IMO would not even spot.
    I mentioned this a while back, but I think the reason Klopp hasn't gone all out on transfers is he feels there's a good number of youngsters to supplement an already talented squad.

I know it's not a popular opinion on here but I think we have a pretty well balanced and decent squad. Sure there is always scope for an upgrade or two but we have a squad full of players that are all very capable.

It's a far cry from having the likes of Degan, Voronin, Poulsen and Konchesky stealing a wage.

The club's transfer business has been phenomenal over the last 3 years. Allied with Klopps ability to smooth diamonds we're in great shape.

Can you imagine someone like Shaqiri merely being a squad option? He'd have been a star player 4 or 5 (and beyond) years ago!
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    I mentioned this a while back, but I think the reason Klopp hasn't gone all out on transfers is he feels there's a good number of youngsters to supplement an already talented squad.

I know it's not a popular opinion on here but I think we have a pretty well balanced and decent squad. Sure there is always scope for an upgrade or two but we have a squad full of players that are all very capable.

It's a far cry from having the likes of Degan, Voronin, Poulsen and Konchesky stealing a wage.

The club's transfer business has been phenomenal over the last 3 years. Allied with Klopps ability to smooth diamonds we're in great shape.

Can you imagine someone like Shaqiri merely being a squad option? He'd have been a star player 4 or 5 (and beyond) years ago!
    Yes, a fully fit squad and it's as good as anyones.