Page 38 of 45 FirstFirst ... 28313233343536373839404142434445 LastLast

Thread: Injury/Covid infection Update Thread 20/21

I wish we could get Thiago back, i was so excited to see

Gini Hendo Thiago

or

Gini Thiago Hendo
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

I don't want to jinx it but I think what we've been doing as a team with all of our injuries is phenomenal, and seems to have been largely overlooked by the media.

If it wasn't for crazy VAR decisions we'd have an extra four points - Everton & Brighton.

We're missing our 1st choice keeper, first choice centre backs (albeit you could argue about Gomez/Matip) injuries to RB, Matip, Hendo, Thiago, Milner, Keita, Mane & Mo (with COVID).

Put that on any other team in the world and they'd struggle.
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

Quote Originally Posted by vin View Post
    I don't want to jinx it but I think what we've been doing as a team with all of our injuries is phenomenal, and seems to have been largely overlooked by the media.

If it wasn't for crazy VAR decisions we'd have an extra four points - Everton & Brighton.

We're missing our 1st choice keeper, first choice centre backs (albeit you could argue about Gomez/Matip) injuries to RB, Matip, Hendo, Thiago, Milner, Keita, Mane & Mo (with COVID).

Put that on any other team in the world and they'd struggle.
    Agree fully. Other sides have had injuries but not to the extent we have. Weve gone from looking threadbare and worryingly short to now looking good with the likes of Williams and Jones playing big parts. Fingers crossed Matip and Fab can stay fit, if so then we will be the team to beat soon.

The lads that have stepped in have been incredible did they get medals last season? Will be fully deserved this season if we do it again.

Ox is back in FULL training.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    That is excellent news

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Great news, another one people seem to love to knock undeservedly, he scored 2 or 3 crucial goals for us last season in his limited appearances, standing in for Mane at that
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Great news, another one people seem to love to knock undeservedly, he scored 2 or 3 crucial goals for us last season in his limited appearances, standing in for Mane at that
    Ox is a gem - just wish that one of himself and Keita were more durable.

I know it isn't an immediate problem, but in terms of the future and keeping the "DNA" of how we play I'd love the components of the "next" midfield three to be less injury-prone.

Not at my PC so may get some ages wrong here (corrections welcome / can edit later) but I think Milner is 34, Henderson is 30, Wijnaldum is 30, Thiago is 29 and isn't historically hugely durable, Fabinho is 27 and may be a centre-back these days(?) and then it's Ox at 27 who is injured a lot, Keita at 25 who is injured a lot and Jones who, as much as I like his confidence, I want to see a bigger sample size of.

If even ONE of Keita or Ox had the durability of, say, Wijnaldum I wouldn't bat an eyelid. However I can foresee a midfielder being purchased at some point and I hope it doesn't eat into funds for the attacker we'll eventually need.

Mentioned in another thread, but talk of injury to Jota that could cost him 2 months of football.

2 month for Jota by the looks of it. Imagine if we'd had a chance to rest first team players in that last CL group game...........