Page 43 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3336373839404142434445 LastLast

Thread: Injury/Covid infection Update Thread 20/21

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    I remember reading that Keita didn’t bother to learn English in his last year in Germany. That was a huge alarm bell for me - then only a year ago Mané joked how he STILL wasn’t very good with the language.

Forgive the pun - but that speaks volumes.
    Mane is in England a lot longer and hardly has great english or interview technique.
    Not sure on Bobby but think he could be similar.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Mane is in England a lot longer and hardly has great english or interview technique.
    Not sure on Bobby but think he could be similar.
    It's a piss poor show either way.. here from November 2018... 15 months after we signed him..!

https://www.empireofthekop.com/2018/...ns-assurances/

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    It's a piss poor show either way.. here from November 2018... 15 months after we signed him..!

https://www.empireofthekop.com/2018/...ns-assurances/
    Me, I'd be fluent in Gemran after 3 years and close to a natural speaker. Claim yet to be validated.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aEJSZjRWzy8
    Bobby's presser for Porto February 2018, he joined summer 2015.
    Mane will be coming up on 7 years in England later this year, hardly fluent.

Mbappe has pretty fluent English....

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Me, I'd be fluent in Gemran after 3 years and close to a natural speaker. Claim yet to be validated.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aEJSZjRWzy8
    Bobby's presser for Porto February 2018, he joined summer 2015.
    Mane will be coming up on 7 years in England later this year, hardly fluent.

Mbappe has pretty fluent English....
    Never could quite grasp Gemran myself - very tough

Despite the fact that German is spoken by only a tiny fraction of those who speak English (@20% of the planet) .I bet you would have been able to converse properly within 15 months of being offered a job paying £6.9 million a year..

One can only imagine IF Keita's English has been questioned - it must be truly awful. Bobbies is shocking BTW. just watched him "speaking" after we won the title - last summer..? Bloody hell - and they say footballers are thick..

Both Virgil and Joe are back in the gym doing strength work, which is good news. Them big legs of Virgil need balanced out , so it could take a while !!

Always has that strap below his right knee. Seems so low down to me.

Can’t wait for Virgil to get back on the pitch... we are a different beast altogether with him.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Both Virgil and Joe are back in the gym doing strength work, which is good news. Them big legs of Virgil need balanced out , so it could take a while !!
    I saw that video, I think VvD will play again this season. Maybe even both of them.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    I saw that video, I think VvD will play again this season. Maybe even both of them.
    Get them both on the team bus with the squad on matchdays, Big Virgil in the dressing room I'd imagine is very vocal.

Henderson likely to miss 6 weeks or more.