Page 5 of 45 FirstFirst 12345678910111215 ... LastLast

Thread: Injury/Covid infection Update Thread 20/21

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Bought a couple of cracking players in January in recent times
    Andy Carroll

I'm not sure we'll sign a top CB in Jan we'll get fleeced.

We might just have to go with what we have plus the kids.

You have to strongly fancy Man City now at this stage id be happy with CL and VVD coming back something close to his best.

Very unfortunate loss, but this is a team game and a squad game.

We will adapt. The League is showing signs of being very open this season anyway so I don't think it will require a points tally in the upper 90s to take the League - more likely 85-88 points or so with more sides being capable of getting points from each other, lack of Home/Away atmosphere throwing up strange results and so on.

Game at a time, week at a time. We might even choose a double-pivot to offer more protection to the defensive line.

Getting Alisson back will help.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Must be looking at options for the January window now, surely
    I seriously would not bank on that.
    No fans, no money coming in. FSG will not splurge on a defender without any resale coming back for them. We'd need to pay massively as any club knows we'd be desperate.
    Let's just hope what we have is going to be enough. We are still an excellent side even without him but winning the league will be very hard now.

Trying to put a positive spin on things, VVD has played a hell of a lot of games in the last couple of years; maybe more than anyone. He hasn't looked his normal assured self recently. Maybe a rest wouldn't be the worst thing in the world for him long-term. #glass-half-full
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Looking on the bright side also, imagine if this had happened last season. Not taking away from how bad it is obviously.

It is an absolute hammer blow BUT we have to find a way. Think we will too.

That might be because I have had the best part of a superb bottle of red - but that is me right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    It is an absolute hammer blow BUT we have to find a way. Think we will too.

That might be because I have had the best part of a superb bottle of red - but that is me right now.
    Lolz. No mate it ain't the red, I like your way of thinking.

If we have learned anything under Jurgen Klopp - it is that we never give up. We fight and we find a way: look at last season - so many times we looked like the points were gone or the game lost even - but came back with all 3. It will be tough and we might lose more but looking at the league this season - no fans - looks like points will be dropped all over the place. We have lost Virgil - it’s bad BUT we have gained an immense talent in Thiago. Jota is no slouch either to add to our superb front line..

We are an amazing side with or without Virgil. Yes he is the best around and no team would be as strong without him - but we can cope - we have the quality.

James Pearce reporting Alisson scheduled to return before the end of October.