Page 47 of 56 FirstFirst ... 37404142434445464748495051525354 ... LastLast

Thread: Everton v Liverpool (Match Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    This is the first time i have spoke about the Pickford challenge, and yes it was awful and he should have walked. i was referring to people thinking there's an agenda by the officials to sabotage us in games. Incidentally, had it been Adrian doing the same thing to an Everton player, would we still be talking about it and demanding explanations on why he never walked ?
    I doubt it mate, Adrian would've probably missed him and done one of his own players 😃😃

Skyebo, I disagree in a sense i think officials are swayed by who plays who. Its like when we play Burnley. Their tactics are to surround the goal keeper and block him in. The officials can see this but still allow it to happen.Because its expected to happen
    Its like when we play Everton. You expect them to be over aggressive and they are. They have been doing it for years. And we still don't get proper protection. It leads to challenges like the two yesterday. Has for Adrian committing the same challenge. He wouldn't have done it with the same ferocity and would have lead to less injury.
    Pickford had to take everything out and smash what ever came in his way.. to me thats why the official in the VAR box decided against referring the incident Everton are expected to be violent towards us.. We see in on here prior to games. We hope our players come out the game with no problems.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

I think if the VVD incident was only bad call in the game then I understand.

If it was just a ref on the pitch decision you could just about understand but have a moan.

The fact it was ALL on VAR is what is making our club angry we were done out of 2 points that COULD be difference between first/second as it was 2 years ago when you use video technology the decision has to be correct yesterday it wasnt.

We have to get on with it as we cant change the result no matter what id like to think nobody has took a bung but I wouldnt be surprised as money can make people do silly things.

Im sure we will get one in our favour at some point and being honest this is the season to have an off season with how life is at the minute.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    I doubt it mate, Adrian would've probably missed him and done one of his own players ����
    lol
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

I had limited access to the game highlights but VvD foul was definite red card for serious foul play just like the Thiago foul.
    Everton first goal was a bullet header from quite close range and no blame to Adrian - he came close to a great save.
    Everton second goal looked like Robbo was quite timid in trying to occupy the space that Calvert-Lewin needed to get that well-placed header in.
    Probably with VvD on the pitch neither of Everton's goals would have happened.
    For our third goal then probably we have seen them in our favour sometimes.

Van Dijk posted the following message on social media on Sunday evening:

This afternoon I met with a leading consultant to start the process of planning the finer details of my rehabilitation following the incident yesterday.

I’m now fully focused on my recovery and will do everything I can to be back as quickly as possible.

Despite the obvious disappointment, I’m a firm believer that within difficulty lies opportunity and with God’s help I’m going to make sure I return better, fitter and stronger than ever before.

In football, as in life, I believe everything happens for a reason and it’s important to try and keep level-headed whether going through the highs or the lows. With the support of my wife, kids, family and everyone at Liverpool, I’m ready for the challenge ahead.

I’d like to thank everyone for the messages of support, it’s meant a huge amount to me and my family, and I’ll now be doing everything possible to support my teammates in any way I can ahead of a big few weeks ahead as I take my own recovery day by day. I’ll be back.

Virgil van Dijk
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Seriously I hate Everton they really are a bitter bunch of c#nts

According to the Athletic Pickford won't be retroactively punished because VAR actually reviewed the situation and didn't deem it red card worthy.

Who's this David Coonth? A mix of Keane and Goicoechea?!
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    According to the Athletic Pickford won't be retroactively punished because VAR actually reviewed the situation and didn't deem it red card worthy.

Who's this David Coonth? A mix of Keane and Goicoechea?!
    Only seen the VvD incident a couple of times briefly but there did not seem to be any outrage or protests from the Liverpool players. Perhaps if they had surrounded the ref then he may have gone to the monitor.

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    Only seen the VvD incident a couple of times briefly but there did not seem to be any outrage or protests from the Liverpool players. Perhaps if they had surrounded the ref then he may have gone to the monitor.
    I guess so. I've always wondered why we don't do that.

Also very annoyed Hendo didn't throw himself to the floor when Gomes gave him a shove in the back. Could have easily gotten him a second yellow.

Cuntish tactics, I know, but that's what football is now.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non