Page 37 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2730313233343536373839404142434447 ... LastLast

Thread: Everton v Liverpool (Match Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    And after all that. we are one win away from the top of the league after 5 games..
    Exactly. I'd have taken 10 points from that if it was offered prior. 3 main rivals played and 7 points.
    33 games to go.

Klopp saying not good for both VvD and Thiago. Praying that the fact Virgil walked off means it's not too bad.

As ever all the focus on the next game, getting the win and another vital 3 points

I thought over all our lads were very good today, I was dubious about the midfield line up, so was very pleased that it worked very well, although there were issues with the press a few times, Fabinho sitting a lot more and always having the option of Thiago or Hendo for a short pass for them to distribute worked

Hendo was excellent in the press and in the recovery on the one occasion he needed to be, he was a little rusty with his end product today to be fair, but by no means the only one

Thiago is exactly the addition we needed and I was banging on pre transfer window, he has all the passes I said we desperately needed and more and was also excellent in the press, although did go the wrong side trying to win it unsuccessfully 2 or 3 times, little tweaks required with this midfield 3, or rather things that will come with a couple more games

Great options in midfield now, Thiago, Hendo and one other looks great to me, great to see that we now have 2 midfielders in Hendo and Thiago where Fabinho can fit in again

I think today showed again we have to be far more clinical, how we have developed our game under Jurgen we very very rarely give refs the opportunity to give plain wrong calls against us and on today's evidence it's very clear that we need to work harder at that as there were 3 absolutely massive decisions they had to make and given the opportunity and someone with an obvious bias in the VAR hub, we've again witnessed what happens when we are reliant on them getting decisions right and we don't take all power to affect the outcome of our games away from them
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Now that the dust has settled we should hace been joint top of the league. 2 points robbed.

Oh wow, now the Athletic is reporting that VAR did look at the challenge on VVD but decided it wasn't a red...

Etiam si omnes, ego non

Pearce:

#LFC have tonight asked the Premier League for an explanation over the use of VAR in the Goodison derby.
    They want clarification over why Pickford wasn't sent off, what part of Mane's body was deemed offside and the selection of the freeze frame for that decision.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Just here to share the same, different wording -

David Maddock
    @MaddockMirror
    ·
    2m
    Liverpool desperately unhappy with use of VAR in derby, and have asked PL for full review. They want answers to 3 key questions:

Why no review and subsequent action on Pickford chall?
    Which part of Mane's body deemed offside?
    At what moment did VAR decide to freeze-frame?

#LFC

I mean what are we even doing here?
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Oh, apparently it's because any goal can be scored with a part of the body above the shirt sleeve. I mean fair enough if true.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    Oh wow, now the Athletic is reporting that VAR did look at the challenge on VVD but decided it wasn't a red..
    That's a madness to me.

They'd have been better saying they forgot to check because Martin Tyler had supplied high quality Coke.

How can that NOT be a Red?