Page 41 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3134353637383940414243444546474851 ... LastLast

Thread: Everton v Liverpool (Match Thread)

Just have to adapt then, won't we.

This is a team game and a squad game. When a side goes down to 10 men in a match we often see individuals finding an extra 5% and collectively digging in yields wonderful results.

We will have to dig deep. Thankfully we have leaders like Henderson and Milner who won't let heads drop too low.

If he is as awful as folks say, then the fact we managed Top Four and a Champion's League Final with Karius as our first keeper (17/18) suggests we can tackle some pretty big problems

Sincerely though, Matip, Gomez, Fabinho and whoever else will just have to bring it. We'll defensively learn to protect Adrian as much as possible until the Elite Alisson is back. In midfield we will have to learn to get even better with possession, snuffing opposition chances earlier and pressing better. In attack we will have to be more clinical and efficient.

Challenges are what we relish. Bring it.

Billy and Rhys won't feature in the PL I recon. Wij and the Fabulous one will play CB way before them.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    Billy and Rhys won't feature in the PL I recon. Wij and the Fabulous one will play CB way before them.
    Milner could probably do it at a push.

Also (would need to check) I think Tsimikas has played left centre-back before as a secondary position, though no idea how often.

By god I hope pickford gets a ban

Quote Originally Posted by fiordearg View Post
    By god I hope pickford gets a ban
    Will likely only help our rivals if he does.

This is going to piss off Klopp so much - he will be even more up for it now.... Also could create a siege mentality that carries us into another amazing run. Just never know in this game.

We're still waiting for the results on VVD according to Gorst. Not looking good even if true.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Milner could probably do it at a push.

Also (would need to check) I think Tsimikas has played left centre-back before as a secondary position, though no idea how often.
    If we were at the point where Milner had to play CB I'd say "deep shite" wouldn't even come close.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    If we were at the point where Milner had to play CB I'd say "deep shite" wouldn't even come close.
    I woke up to the news of VVD's possible length of absence. We're not too far away from the scenario mentioned above. Anyone with any sense knew that we we have been tempting fate and needed another quality CB, yet 'we' chose not to buy one, and now the chickens are coming home to roost.

Anfield watch on Twitter saying hes left hospital on crutches and faces a lengthy spell out.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    It shouldn't come to that, to be fair.

Just in terms of understanding the game, willingness to learn, professionalism etc I would back Milner to adapt to almost any situation.

The Van Dijk situation (if it's as bad a feared) is rubbish, no doubt. But if there is any Manager that can help us find a way, it's Klopp.

Bayern were untouchable, so Klopp's Dortmund won the Title twice. City looked untouchable, so we got 196 points over 2 seasons.

Now we're presented with another challenge and arguably an underdog narrative (compared to Man City) may come into the public consciousness / media narrative. We can definitely feed off that.

Plus if the League season unravels a bit, we have Europe - so many Clubs don't get that opportunity.

League will be more open than most seasons anyway. Watch plenty of other side's drop unexpected points to keep us within touching distance.