Page 46 of 56 FirstFirst ... 36394041424344454647484950515253 ... LastLast

Thread: Everton v Liverpool (Match Thread)

We reached a Champions League final which but for Ramos' dark arts we likely would have won without Virgil or Allison

We are a great team, if Virgil is to have an enforced lengthy absence it is vital that we keep Matip fit and if we can't we absolutely have to invest in another top CB in January

There were numerous games in our Champions League winning season in which Matip was our stand out defender and out performed Virgil and as ever teams targeted that side of our defence a lot more because of the perceived weakness there with Trent, which as Trent's defending has improved has since become a perceived weakness there with Gomez. One of Jurgen's few monumental fuck ups was not bringing Matip back in last season when he wa fit so he was match fit for the sharp end of the Champions League, he's only marginally second best to Virgil and is our next best CB by a country fucking mile

It's not great, but it isn't the unmitigated disaster some people are making it out to be, we're incredibly strong offensively and defensively and in our pressing and counter pressing down our left, with Robbo, Gini, Thiago and Mane so having Matip our strongest CB in Virgil's absence at RCB makes us a hell of a lot more defensively solid on our most frequently attacked right side and it is incredibly difficult for sides to get at our left side in the same way so whoever plays between Matip and Robbo is incredibly well protected, More protected than Virgil was able to offer to Gomez and Trent with both to the right of him
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Seems to be some saying he supports Utd I hope not.

Either way he is hopeless.
    Theres a picture on twitter of his supposed Facebook account with a pic of Old Trafford in the background. Could have been mocked up easily though.

No doubt officials grew up supporting certain teams, but to suggest any of them go out to conspire against and for clubs is quite frankly ludicrous. What next, some of them getting bribe money ? This is not Italy or South America.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    No doubt officials grew up supporting certain teams, but to suggest any of them go out to conspire against and for clubs is quite frankly ludicrous. What next, some of them getting bribe money ? This is not Italy or South America.
    You're not wrong. It's just how blatant both decisions were yesterday. Yes theres mistakes made but not one person apart from who ever made those 2 calls can find justification. Pickfords challenge is disgraceful and he has previous for that type as he injured Delle Ali doing exactly the same thing. The offside is something else
    Put those 2 with the blatant wave on of the foul on Origi which hes also part of and people will ask questions. Officials or judges should not be beyond question. Its ridiculous that managers and players can be fined for their opinions on them.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    You're not wrong. It's just how blatant both decisions were yesterday. Yes theres mistakes made but not one person apart from who ever made those 2 calls can find justification. Pickfords challenge is disgraceful and he has previous for that type as he injured Delle Ali doing exactly the same thing. The offside is something else
    Put those 2 with the blatant wave on of the foul on Origi which hes also part of and people will ask questions. Officials or judges should not be beyond question. Its ridiculous that managers and players can be fined for their opinions on them.
    Officials get questioned every week on here on the matchthreads, no doubt they get questioned on other teams threads too. People are even curious as to who the referee will be, that's even before the game has started. Check the threads they are there for all to see. A good ref to alot of fans is one who gives their team all the decisions, but Football doesn't and shouldn't work that way.
    Last edited by skyebo; 18th October 2020 at 02:51 PM.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Officials get questioned every week on here on the matchthreads, no doubt they get questioned on other teams threads too. People are even curious as to who the referee will be, that's even before the game has started. Check the threads they are there for all to see. A good ref to alot of fans is one who gives their team all the decisions, but Football doesn't and shouldn't work that way.
    I'm not suggesting it does or should. Checking who the ref is prior to a game is a little extreme but that's their choice. People questioning them match threads doesnt get airtime. I'd like someone high profile to come out and condemn Pickford for that challenge, theres no doubt for me that theres a deliberate intent to injure and to take the player out.
    Might be far fetched to you but not to me and some others.

Isn't MOTD high profile enough. they were angry and clear about it.

I'm not suggesting it does or should. Checking who the ref is prior to a game is a little extreme but that's their choice. People questioning them match threads doesnt get airtime. I'd like someone high profile to come out and condemn Pickford for that challenge, theres no doubt for me that theres a deliberate intent to injure and to take the player out.
    Might be far fetched to you but not to me and some others.
    This is the first time i have spoke about the Pickford challenge, and yes it was awful and he should have walked. i was referring to people thinking there's an agenda by the officials to sabotage us in games. Incidentally, had it been Adrian doing the same thing to an Everton player, would we still be talking about it and demanding explanations on why he never walked ?

This is the first time i have spoke about the Pickford challenge, and yes it was awful and he should have walked. i was referring to people thinking there's an agenda by the officials to sabotage us in games. Incidentally, had it been Adrian doing the same thing to an Everton player, would we still be talking about it and demanding explanations on why he never walked ?
    Probably not as we wouldn't have been on the receiving end but I'd like to think we are all honest and reasonably knowledgeable on here to say how shocking and blatent it was but maybe that's bias on my part.

Probably not as we wouldn't have been on the receiving end but I'd like to think we are all honest and reasonably knowledgeable on here to say how shocking and blatent it was but maybe that's bias on my part.
    Yes it was shocking and i said at the time that as it was not long into the game, is a possible reason why he never walked. That of course shouldn't make any odds, but that's how some referees see things.