Page 48 of 56 FirstFirst ... 38414243444546474849505152535455 ... LastLast

Thread: Everton v Liverpool (Match Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    Only seen the VvD incident a couple of times briefly but there did not seem to be any outrage or protests from the Liverpool players. Perhaps if they had surrounded the ref then he may have gone to the monitor.
    because we're soft as fuck

Jesus wept thats a fucking joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    I guess so. I've always wondered why we don't do that.

Also very annoyed Hendo didn't throw himself to the floor when Gomes gave him a shove in the back. Could have easily gotten him a second yellow.

Cuntish tactics, I know, but that's what football is now.
    Always was tbf - I do admire Klopp for not stooping to that. Don't forget that is probably a huge part of why players will run through a brick wall for him. He is as decent as the day is long. Hard to truly admire a cheat or a con..

On the flip side though I do believe we are a soft touch - have said so many times. A Ferguson or Mourinho team makes damn sure the ref HAS to look at that..

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Always was tbf - I do admire Klopp for not stooping to that. Don't forget that is probably a huge part of why players will run through a brick wall for him. He is as decent as the day is long. Hard to truly admire a cheat or a con..

On the flip side though I do believe we are a soft touch - have said so many times. A Ferguson or Mourinho team makes damn sure the ref HAS to look at that..
    This is an entirely moot point, one of the principal functions of VAR and the VAR official is to bring to the refs attention any such serious incidents the ref has obviously missed or really needs to take a second look at/advice on
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    This is an entirely moot point, one of the principal functions of VAR and the VAR official is to bring to the refs attention any such serious incidents the ref has obviously missed or really needs to take a second look at/advice on
    Absolutely and it should not be the case at all, but just like before VAR - unless the ref is put under pressure he isn't going to think beyond his initial instinct. Now with the technology and especially in a Derby - when your key man is near decapitated - you hound the ref.. you delay - you make sure he is under pressure to review. We let him off the hook in this instance. It is noble of us but some would say daft.
    Last edited by Steveo; 19th October 2020 at 04:20 PM.

Michael Oliver is a good ref, even good refs miss things or get things wrong sometimes, i feel he was very badly let down and badly advised by theVAR official, he got our third goal right and was advised to change what was a correct decision
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

I still do not know how anyone who has any remote knowledge of football and the laws of the game can see that challenge as anything other than a red card.
    There have been numerous law changes in recent years, made in the name of protecting players.
    How on earth can the authorities allow a challenge like that go unpunished??
    It’s a red card in any era not just the present.

Cheating twats

Has the cunt came out and apologised yet ?

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Has the cunt came out and apologised yet ?
    Pickford... ? No chance.. That would be admitting guilt. Even if he did - it would be as a wind up..

That fat arsed twat better hope he isn't in front of a full Kop anytime soon.