Page 51 of 56 FirstFirst ... 4144454647484950515253545556 LastLast

Thread: Everton v Liverpool (Match Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    We can absolutely manage to win both.

That's not to say we WILL - but we're certainly capable.

The two-folded task just needs broken down into chunks.

First chunk - can we ensure we finish 1st or 2nd in a Champion's League group where we are the best team? We should certainly be able to. Can we also be 7 points or less off top spot in the League come mid-January to early-February? That's certainly manageable and we are capable of being top at that stage - depends a touch on the results for others but there will be plenty of weird ones for everyone.

Second chunk - the Home straight - can we win a European tie? Of course we can. You win three of those (which we can do) and you get to play a Final. Can we claw back a deficit of 7 points or less from mid-January to February onwards in the "business end" of a season? We absolutely can - we have winning streaks in the recent muscle memory.

Let's see where we are at come the New Year. Alisson will be back soon and I don't see us being miles off the pace. Still think it's us, City and possibly a less likely contender that is there 19-28 games in but then falls away for the final stretch.

We're so capable.
    We can not win both its not easy.. Our squad is thin. If we get players in in Jan, then maybe.But its not easily physically to play that amount of football in a short space of time. I think we should get our best squad for the premier league and see what happens after that. I do not want Man-city or Chelsea winning the league. That fat twat frank as been questioning the loss of VVD now.
    I hate managers having a dig at us.. I really want the title again
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    City are the only ones capable of going on a long unbeaten run. They are now only 3 points behind us with a game in hand, i'm not bothered about anyone else just them. They will be boosted by the fact we now have no Van Dijk for months, and Alisson for the forseeable.
    At least we seemed to be ok for most of that game without those two.

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    Think it's down to other players staying fit now VVD is out, we may have a chance if the likes of matip performs and stays fit, imo

And firmino finds form and salah and mane keep it up, with Thiago in midfield it's possible.

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    Indeed.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

The big hope i have for VVD is that he walked off the pitch and around the sides of the pitch. With Oxlade he needed to be stretched off. it was a much worse injury (in my opinion). Lets hope Virgil can comeback sooner than expected.. not that he should rush back though.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    The big hope i have for VVD is that he walked off the pitch and around the sides of the pitch. With Oxlade he needed to be stretched off. it was a much worse injury (in my opinion). Lets hope Virgil can comeback sooner than expected.. not that he should rush back though.
    His season could be over already. 6 or 7 months takes us to April or May.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Literally everyone is saying 6-8 months, he's a tough mother fucker that's why he could walk around the pitch he was probably in pure agony. probably not the smartest thing to do either

because it's VVD never know might be sooner, can't rush him though obviously..

From thisisanfield:
    'Virgil van Dijk faces surgery and a long road back to fitness after a grade three ACL tear, arguably the most serious injury a player can suffer other than head trauma.'
    And just heard on sky news that 'pigface' will avoid retrospective punishment.
    Something very wrong here!

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Ask Sakho that.
    You had to go back years. Admit it, spitting image has provided irrefutable hard evidence that Klopps gone soft !!

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Literally everyone is saying 6-8 months, he's a tough mother fucker that's why he could walk around the pitch he was probably in pure agony. probably not the smartest thing to do either

because it's VVD never know might be sooner, can't rush him though obviously..
    If he rushes it there's a chance he'll make it worse. Plus there's the Euros next summer and he could play in them if he makes it back for the end of season.
    It's a shit show no matter what way we look at it.