Page 52 of 56 FirstFirst ... 242454647484950515253545556 LastLast

Thread: Everton v Liverpool (Match Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    You had to go back years. Admit it, spitting image has provided irrefutable hard evidence that Klopps gone soft !!
    He's 6ft 4 and has the laugh of a madan. I wouldn't like to cross him !!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    Looking at that second BS goal and how easily Gomez lets himself get beaten to the punch in getting front of CL and at least blocking him from getting a fair shot at that header, ....
    Was that Gomes or was it Robbo trying to block him? Whoever it was it was quite a timid challenge - almost cowering out of the way.
    That said, it was a really towering header. How high did he manage to jump off the ground!

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    He's 6ft 4 and has the laugh of a madan. I wouldn't like to cross him !!
    I'll admit he looks a bit different on the sidelines (especially when hes going mad/psycho) than how spitting image portray him.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    The big hope i have for VVD is that he walked off the pitch and around the sides of the pitch. With Oxlade he needed to be stretched off. it was a much worse injury (in my opinion). Lets hope Virgil can comeback sooner than expected.. not that he should rush back though.
    Unfortunately that isn't an indicator.

There are plenty of folks who manage to walk on a torn ACL - doesn't mean they SHOULD of course, but in terms of the physical capacity / pain tolerance / nature of the tear, some can.

Given that it is a Grade 3 tear it's probably best to assume we'll see him next season, rather than this one.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Unfortunately that isn't an indicator.

There are plenty of folks who manage to walk on a torn ACL - doesn't mean they SHOULD of course, but in terms of the physical capacity / pain tolerance / nature of the tear, some can.

Given that it is a Grade 3 tear it's probably best to assume we'll see him next season, rather than this one.
    Yep.

On a different note, but related. I don't get why many of our fans are keen on Everton staying in the Prem.

I'm not a Scouser - I understand why so many local lads see it that way but to me, they are utter c&nts. I would rather have them pissing around in the Championship. TBH every Derby I've been to their fans have been as bad as the Mancs with racist chanting, Heysel references etc.
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    We can not win both its not easy.. Our squad is thin. If we get players in in Jan, then maybe.But its not easily physically to play that amount of football in a short space of time. I think we should get our best squad for the premier league and see what happens after that. I do not want Man-city or Chelsea winning the league. That fat twat frank as been questioning the loss of VVD now.
    I hate managers having a dig at us.. I really want the title again
    In terms of the League I hope we don't have an "A" team and a "B" team as such - I think we'd have more success (overall) if we went with what I call "80/20" teams - so if Firmino/Mane/Salah was our best front three and they're on, then in some games we maybe play 2/3 of what we consider to be our best midfield three. In games where we play 2/3 of our best front line (let's say Firmino/Mane/Jota or something) then we compensate by going full strength in the midfield. Naturally for "bigger" games (competitors in the Top Six, City have dropped points and left an opportunity) we go full tilt across the side.

City have every chance of course, but I would be gobsmacked if Chelsea won the League - truly gobsmacked. They've conceded 3 to West Brom AND 3 to Southampton. We undeniably had a freak show against Villa and it's too early in the season to say if it was a total fluke or not, but to concede thrice in 2 of your first 5 matches is a bad showing.

On City, ideally we capitalise when they drop points (we haven't so far) and get points in our matches against them - if we won on November 7th and Spurs managed to beat them or get a draw the next week we could be laughing, but it is a long, long, long season for both sides.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Think it's down to other players staying fit now VVD is out, we may have a chance if the likes of matip performs and stays fit, imo

And firmino finds form and salah and mane keep it up, with Thiago in midfield it's possible.
    Also worth noting that pre Van Dijk we didnt have the Bear in goal. Hes the best in the world and it will make a difference in comparison to our defensive record before they both arrived.

City have every chance of course, but I would be gobsmacked if Chelsea won the League - truly gobsmacked. They've conceded 3 to West Brom AND 3 to Southampton. We undeniably had a freak show against Villa and it's too early in the season to say if it was a total fluke or not, but to concede thrice in 2 of your first 5 matches is a bad showing.
    ?
    But we also conceded 3 v Leeds

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    ?
    But we also conceded 3 v Leeds
    Yeah that's fair - I tend not to read into the first game of the season terribly, but the fact that we conceded 10 goals against Villa and Leeds can't be ignored. Chelsea looked defensively iffy last season too mind.

Yeah that's fair - I tend not to read into the first game of the season terribly, but the fact that we conceded 10 goals against Villa and Leeds can't be ignored. Chelsea looked defensively iffy last season too mind.
    they still wouldn't concede 7 against villa

at least it wasn't more it could of been.