Page 53 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3434647484950515253545556 LastLast

Thread: Everton v Liverpool (Match Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Unfortunately that isn't an indicator.

There are plenty of folks who manage to walk on a torn ACL - doesn't mean they SHOULD of course, but in terms of the physical capacity / pain tolerance / nature of the tear, some can.

Given that it is a Grade 3 tear it's probably best to assume we'll see him next season, rather than this one.
    Unfortunately despite people constantly being told that they shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, most still do, something I, a person with 20+ medical conditions including one rare and one mega rare condition, and other life threatening and debilitating conditions knows better than anyone. Unless you happen to have a limb hanging off/missing, are in a wheelchair, or are writhing around screaming your head off in agony (even then that doesn't always get anyone's attention, again as I found out a few months back), lots of/most people think everything is a-okay, when often the exact opposite is the case.

Hopefully he'll come back sooner than is being projected, however the main thing is that he does come back, and hopefully as good as he was before the injury.

The bitters second goal was the result of numerous errors

First the ball was played to Mane in space, we're ahead and i think there's 11 minutes left, just has to hold onto it, give it to one of ours and make sure we keep, instead of that he tries an ultra dumb no look flick that was never on straight to an Everton player and a couple of our lads are caught out of position coming forward to support the ball

They play it forward to a player between the lines, Trent thinks about coming then doesn't, Mo doesn't track Digne, Hendo gets back the right side of their player between the lines in a good position at which point Trent should then be looking to make sure Digne can't get it in space and cross easy and Gomez lets twat face run off him easy
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

If Fab is in defence....could Trent go in the middle with one of the youngsters in Trents position....??? Im just thinking that might provide an extra defensive thinker in the middle....and people have talked about him playing a more central roll for ages???

Not for me. He's only played a few times there and he's been poor iirc.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

TAA may end up in midfield. I just wouldn't fancy Neco Williams at the back along with 2 centre backs that haven't played together yet.
    To many errors may occur.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Fabinho needs to be moved into defence alongside Matip. I think anything else is asking for trouble, more so given the form of a number of members of our back line, never mind the 'confidence' that the man currently between the sticks could/would give them.

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    Fabinho needs to be moved into defence alongside Matip. I think anything else is asking for trouble, more so given the form of a number of members of our back line, never mind the 'confidence' that the man currently between the sticks could/would give them.
    We are going to have to go for the goals.. 2014 style...Thiago is crucial in this - go for those big scores and blow teams away... Need to be more clinical though and we don't have any strikers with the lethality of Luis.. Will have to generate many more chances than we already do and take more of them. Can be done and feel it will be done - have the extra firepower of Jota don't forget...

Lets aim to beat 101 goals

Goals goals goals galore...
    Last edited by Steveo; 20th October 2020 at 12:54 PM.

I don't think it'll be as bad as that, considering we now have Big Ali in goal and no El Pistolero up top, but that's exactly the thought that went through my head.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Matip is being assessed for the Ajax game.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

At least we've got Sheff utd and west ham next in the league