Page 55 of 56 FirstFirst ... 545484950515253545556 LastLast

Thread: Everton v Liverpool (Match Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    He looks like a donkey but a donkey that knows it's a donkey. His touch is very English, but he seems to be aware of it and plays around it. I respect such players.

He's got plenty of time to develop and already has the physique to challenge fully grown strikers.
    His technique didn't look too shabby when he played that glorious 50 yard ball from RCB to LFWD for Origi to nod back for an assist in the cup game, he played a few of them too
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    His technique didn't look too shabby when he played that glorious 50 yard ball from RCB to LFWD for Origi to nod back for an assist in the cup game, he played a few of them too
    Yeah, of course. Also had a few first touches to rival that cross field ball in length too.

Not to mention at times getting the ball fully under control took him around 12 years. But he's aware of this and I'm sure he'll be working on it.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    Yeah, of course. Also had a few first touches to rival that cross field ball in length too.

Not to mention at times getting the ball fully under control took him around 12 years. But he's aware of this and I'm sure he'll be working on it.
    Needs a frickin hair cut mind
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Needs a frickin hair cut mind
    Word. I can't understand this fascination with freakish hairstyles.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

what ever happened to the 1970s footballers that were baldies in their 20s?. They looked like old men. It was only when you saw their face up close you realized they were young fellas. Guess footballers have more hair these days and the like to show it off
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    what ever happened to the 1970s footballers that were baldies in their 20s?. They looked like old men. It was only when you saw their face up close you realized they were young fellas. Guess footballers have more hair these days and the like to show it off
    Funny you mention that saw an old game of ours on Liverpool tv the other day and McMahon had hair old man hair I worked out he was only 25 !

Bit like bullseye back in the day people looked 15-20 years older than they were even Jim Bowen !

No no - They shave it bald now. or cut very short. In those days it was This:

And no - they don't make em like they did in the 80's
    Last edited by Steveo; 21st October 2020 at 05:33 PM.

Not so sure about that
    Late 70s saw too much of this sort of thing - especially at LFC:
    https://www.lfchistory.net/Articles/Article/1006

Ha ha, that reminds me of a fella back in the 80's who played for someone like St Mirren in Scotland and I mustve got about 50 doubles of him for my painini sticker book. Everytime was the same response, "not that baldy fucker again " 😃😃

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Funny you mention that saw an old game of ours on Liverpool tv the other day and McMahon had hair old man hair I worked out he was only 25 !

Bit like bullseye back in the day people looked 15-20 years older than they were even Jim Bowen !
    Oh yeah, And the 1980s and 90s games shows where peoples glasses were almost half the size of the persons face.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century