Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Ajax (Champion's League)

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    From recollection of mine over the years. David James had all the ability in the world but was a clown and didnt seem to care when he made errors.Westerveld i actually rated for the most part.. Dudek was like Mignolet error prone. Reina was great until his last year and half where he forgot to save shots. We haven't really had a great keeper until Alisson.
    There was a reason they called him calamity james.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    Reina was, he got the golden glove 3 out of 4 seasons. Then Rodgers decides to replace him with Mignolet, and we've been trying to get a keeper worthy of the jersey ever since. Now we have one, he is out injured.
    Reina, other than the last part of his career with us (namely from the point when he started fluttering his eyelashes in Barcelona's direction) was in the very good category.
    Last edited by RedNoodle; 21st October 2020 at 11:36 PM.

Yep, i still get annoyed when he claimed he had been up until 3 am playing computer games that's why he made mistakes in the game later in the day.
    Stuff like that, I would have kicked him out of the club for that comment. It was the time of the spice boys. Not sure what really happened during that period. thankfully GH came in a got him out and several others.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Yep, i still get annoyed when he claimed he had been up until 3 am playing computer games that's why he made mistakes in the game later in the day.
    Stuff like that, I would have kicked him out of the club for that comment. It was the time of the spice boys. Not sure what really happened during that period. thankfully GH came in a got him out and several others.
    And GH preferred anyone to Carra at CB, even "Igor has revealed himself in the position of centre back" Biscan, and with good reason
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Yep - he looked like Doris Day..

Boom boom

Reina was, he got the golden glove 3 out of 4 seasons. Then Rodgers decides to replace him with Mignolet, and we've been trying to get a keeper worthy of the jersey ever since. Now we have one, he is out injured.
    Reina did seem to be in decline. Think he still managed a 69% save percentage though even towards the end, with Mignolet coming in and offering 67% or so. Mignolet was younger so we probably were looking at that, though Reina had other tools in his locker to supplement shot stopping, such as catching a cross, being good with his feet and having a long throw on him.

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    Reina, other than the last part of his career with us (namely from the point when he started fluttering his eyelashes in Barcelona's direction) was in the very good category.
    Reina was huge. In the end he decided that saving shots at his near post was for losers, but before that he was a top top keeper.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Body fascism...

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Body fascism...
    Very good.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Reina's decline coincided with his acting career and those allegedly racist homophobic commercials.