Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Ajax (Champion's League)

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Thanks so we are going to sub a goal keeper? i don't get 2 keepers on the bench?
    It's because we've still got a weak as p squad in certain positions, especially when you consider the fact of who we are, our financial might, and our recent successes.

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    It's because we've still got a weak as p squad in certain positions, especially when you consider the fact of who we are, our financial might, and our recent successes.
    I doubt he would have got a look in had it been a league game, only allowing to name 7 subs.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Anyone else nervous as fuck? hopefully ajax will be shit
    I’m bricking it but that’s my normal state before pretty much any game. Our special problems at the back certainly aren’t helping my mood. Fingers crossed I’m worrying about nothing.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Like Klopp said its not easy keeping 4 outstanding defenders happy. though i think we should have signed someone in that position. and secondly its not the managers fault we lost Alisson to injury. what other world class keeper would come and sit on the bench all season?
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Like Klopp said its not easy keeping 4 outstanding defenders happy. though i think we should have signed someone in that position. and secondly its not the managers fault we lost Alisson to injury. what other world class keeper would come and sit on the bench all season?
    Nobody is saying that our backup players should be 'world beaters', but they definitely should be better than a lot of what we have in reserve given all the factors I keep mentioning. It all comes down to the fact that FSG want to do things on the cheap and won't spend money to make sure that we have the strength and depth that the nineteen times/current league champions and six times winners of Europe's premier club competition should have.

The last time we had a decent keeper and understudy was 2001 when Dudek and Kirkland signed within days of each other. The trouble there was, Kirkland was rarely fit.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Dudek was a terrible keeper IMO (apart from the great save in the champions league final) He was error prone.

Dudek was a terrible keeper IMO (apart from the great save in the champions league final) He was error prone.
    We seem to either have very good or error prone keepers between the sticks. We've rarely had a keeper who has just been 'solid'.

From recollection of mine over the years. David James had all the ability in the world but was a clown and didnt seem to care when he made errors.Westerveld i actually rated for the most part.. Dudek was like Mignolet error prone. Reina was great until his last year and half where he forgot to save shots. We haven't really had a great keeper until Alisson.

We seem to either have very good or error prone keepers between the sticks. We've rarely had a keeper who has just been 'solid'.
    Reina was, he got the golden glove 3 out of 4 seasons. Then Rodgers decides to replace him with Mignolet, and we've been trying to get a keeper worthy of the jersey ever since. Now we have one, he is out injured.