Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The weekend's other games 17/10/20

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    bale comes on at 3-0 up with 20 mins to go... finishes spurs 3 west ham 3

brilliant
    That is absolutely staggering.

Spurs are so incompetent. We really killed them off.

Seems none of the others want it, dropping points when 2 only 2 teams that can breathe at a higher altitude not yet at their best. Chelsea dropping points, Spurs as well. Arsenal scared of playing against their rivals so almost as if they give up the points and hoping to beat the rest, the rest mind u have not read the script.

It is City or Liverpool again. We are underdogs between the 2 because of VVD but muscle memory might serve us well as the boys know and believe that they can go on long runs if wins. Think City will trigger us or vice versa into those standards.

Villa are gonna win the league

lols

Villa are gonna win the league

lols
    I think Villa will go on a decent enough run that sees them still in the Top Four in the Christmas period, but then normality will kick in.

Think Hlogi's assessment is probably still pretty accurate in terms of us or City. We're the two sides with recent muscle memory for a Title and we now have the potential of some siege mentality / "win it for Virgil" to kick in.

Any times ourselves or City drop points it will perk the other up. One side will have more situations than the other in terms of what looked like a win being reduced to a draw and the side that pounces on this best probably takes it.

Unless there is a "freak" team a la Leicester ( not impossible, but does anyone REALLY see Villa or Everton getting 80 points or more?) we're looking at the usual candidates. Arsenal are defensively more solid but are still ultimately Arsenal, Spurs I still see as broken, United are a ruin, Chelsea need to sort their defence.

Us or City is still probably about right. I think City had Otamendi and Stones for much of their 100-point season so I don't think we should just wilt away on account of Van Dijk being out - we should use it as further motivation. That's what winners do and we ARE winners now.

Just watching Motd, does kane play the false 9 role now? he did really well, and what firmino should be doing..

Didn't rate him all that much before, but in that role he's incredible- even his pass yesterday was quality for the goal, and he's not lazy as such.

Buy him fsg

Kane is a top top player. No clue why he's not moved on by now.

Getting him is probably beyond our means though. Mind you, I'd be hugely happy!
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post

Yeah he'd probably cost more than our main target Mbappe

Yeah he'd probably cost more than our main target Mbappe
    You think? He's a five-six years older, but he is English and we'll have to deal with Levy... tough to call.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post

Spurs aint going anywhere mate. Best just accept it. They mean business and will keep trying until they get there. Sorry to say it but it is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Spurs aint going anywhere mate. Best just accept it. They mean business and will keep trying until they get there. Sorry to say it but it is what it is.
    Neither are Everton or Wolves. Still can't see either holding on to their biggest star if someone comes knocking with a huge offer.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non