Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: European super league? "European Premier League."

We were always going to be among the biggest supporters of the idea.

Doesn't make it less cuntish. Fuck us. Or at least the ownership.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    We were always going to be among the biggest supporters of the idea.

Doesn't make it less cuntish. Fuck us. Or at least the ownership.
    It isn't about the Football or the fans these days, it's how much money can be made. The game that alot of us were brought up on went when Sky and the CL came in.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Fantastic idea
    Better than v Northampton in the league cup.

PSG OM BAYERN DORTMUND PORTO JUVE INTER AC MILAN BARCELONA REAL etc

Each season ... that would be fantastic.

I suppose a league of 18 with only one game .

Top 4 playing a semi / final.

Scrap the league cup.
    Scrap fa cup replays

Happy day$

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    Fantastic idea

Scrap the league cup.
    Scrap fa cup replays

Happy day$
    I think people would get bored quickly though.

I mean we could quite easily be a team that finishes 10-14th in other words the Everton of the European league !

I am going to guess there is no relegation as where do you go if you finish bottom ???

I dont think it will happen just be the top dogs putting a marker down to not be bossed about.

Prior to this past weekend I would have been right along with other folks saying, fuck this shite.

But after the gobshite-ey way the FA treated us this past weekend with their seemingly doing everything but bend over backwards to try and had that derby match to the BS on a silver platter and then doing nothing as that shower of cunts virtually torpedoed our season by taking out one of our best players,.......Fuck 'em.

Fuck them all, and let them sweat the likelihood of their biggest money-earners in the league breaking away to form another league.

There was some talk on the Twatternets that a large reason why the FA took no retrospective action on Pickford for his career-ending boneheaded challenge on Virgil, was because they wanted to teach us a lesson after all that Project Big Picture stuff and scare, and our seeming to back it.

If there's any truth to that then honestly I have no sympathy for any of them.

They seem ready to see anyone but us win the title this season and almost want to hand it to any of the likes of City or the Scum or even the BS if they can, and if you truly believe all that VAR shennanigans we saw last weakened was the last of that type of shite we'll see from them, then you've got another thing coming..

Fuck 'em!

(P.S. for the record, I don't think it's going to happen at all.
    This kind of talk of a European breakaway "Super-League" of sort always comes around every other odd couple of years and scares a few folks as the big clubs give it some consideration (mostly to pull concessions from their own home leagues for better TV deals and that sort of thing)....right before quietly dying and going away again for a bit. This year though, the FA at least has real reason to sweat it after all the Project Big Picture talk as well as the impact of the pandemic, and sweat it they should.)
    Last edited by Crimson Dynasty; 20th October 2020 at 06:48 PM.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    Fantastic idea

Scrap the league cup.
    Scrap fa cup replays

Happy day$
    If there is a breakaway, i doubt those clubs would be allowed or even interested in the league and fa cups, they show little regard for them as it is.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

I won't be following the club if this sort of bastardisation of the game goes ahead. A closed shop type competition is an awful idea.

I'm up for it, anyone who thinks the Prem and FA don't have a filthy bias is kidding themselves, they're still in their Whiskey face induced mind state of "When UTD do well, we all do well" Scudamore came out and said as much evena as recntly as around the time as our first leg semi defeat to Barca, that's why they're fucking with VAR trying to normalise it giving plain wrong decisions as i called it in the final quarter of last season, as VAR being used properly takes away their ability to make results go as they want for who they want
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

If it happens I’m out.
    I’ll have my incredible LFC memories but the game will have totally gone at that level.

I’ll probably just support Southport, the utterly dogshite yet “real” local team where I have lived for 30 plus years.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    If it happens I’m out.
    I’ll have my incredible LFC memories but the game will have totally gone at that level.

I’ll probably just support Southport, the utterly dogshite yet “real” local team where I have lived for 30 plus years.
    At least at that level, you know they are playing the game because they love it, not because of the money. I'm surprised you haven't been already, living so close. Do they still play at Haig Avenue ?