Page 36 of 42 FirstFirst ... 262930313233343536373839404142 LastLast

Thread: Ajax v Liverpool (CL Match Thread)

It's not your memory, sb. That's exactly how it was.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    Is it my failing memory, or was Adrian once playing well for us, and we were all saying at last we've got a decent backup keeper? It's a shame that at some point he went all Karius on us.
    He IS a decent keeper, just not Alisson level, but much better than the two clowns that have left the building. Some players get more stick than others, some justified some not. It seems to be his turn at present.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

It was one of the commentators on Virgin Two last night who pointed out that Adrián got the slightest of touches to the shot against the post last night.
    He showed the shot from Klaassen from behind the goal in slo-mo and it looked like Adrián got nothing on it.
    Then he showed the shot again from a camera behind Klaassen and then you could see Adrián get the slightest of touches and it put enough on the ball to send it onto the post. The other commentators agreed it was indeed, a good save.
    Offender Of The Offended...!!

It`s Better To Reign In Hell, Than Serve In Heaven!

Adrián is a decent backup keeper. It's hard to judge someone when they're only getting a few games here and there. No need to be spending a huge fee or wages on a backup keeper. We have other areas that need addressing first. Namely now, centre back.

Quote Originally Posted by justincredible View Post
    Adrián is a decent backup keeper. It's hard to judge someone when they're only getting a few games here and there. No need to be spending a huge fee or wages on a backup keeper. We have other areas that need addressing first. Namely now, centre back.
    Spot On.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Quote Originally Posted by justincredible View Post
    It was one of the commentators on Virgin Two last night who pointed out that Adrián got the slightest of touches to the shot against the post last night.
    He showed the shot from Klaassen from behind the goal in slo-mo and it looked like Adrián got nothing on it.
    Then he showed the shot again from a camera behind Klaassen and then you could see Adrián get the slightest of touches and it put enough on the ball to send it onto the post. The other commentators agreed it was indeed, a good save.
    Unfortunately he was wrong Justin..

Seriously dude - watch the slow mo. Doesn’t matter who said what - use your eyes. Can show it from above below or inside the ball.

I work in video & 3D animation. That ball is not touched. Impossible that he could touch that ball in any way shape of form and have zero effect on its spin. Law of physics .

But if you simply cannot accept it - then let’s agree you are right...
    Last edited by Steveo; 22nd October 2020 at 06:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Keep em coming guys...

All you have to do is look at how the ball is gently spinning - the spin never changes - not even the teeny tiniest amount... I mean it is as clear as can be - just look at the slow mo on a proper screen.

Glad you like the humour.. I thought you would appreciate
    I tend to agree with you regarding Adrian not touching the ball, I'd like to see some video if any of ye can be arsed fishing it out.

But it's pretty undeniable that Adrian had his angels covered and were the shot marginally more 'on target' hes getting a hand to it.

Can't be blaming the keeper for not stopping shots that are not going into the net.

Angles - can't be arsed editing

I guess my final point on CCTVs 4231 obsession is Mane and Mo are 2 of THE most feared forward in Europe, it's taken them a lot of hard work and considerable evolution of Jurgen's 433 system to become as great and as consistent as they are, putting either at CFWD or LAM or RAM because in a 4231 the 3 are attacking midfiels/wingers positions, where they will be further away from goal, have the attentions of an FB and DM to escape before they are at the opposition CBs, well, to me, it's just an absurd bordering on ludicrous thing to fantasize about

How mny times do Mane and Mo get the vital first goal for us from their current positions making runs in behind to escape the full back and often the CB too? All the frickin time, yet this joker thinks we should play them 10 yards further back and rip up 5 years of incredible evolution and development based on his 5 years plus 4231 fantasy
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Unfortunately he was wrong Justin..

Seriously dude - watch the slow mo. Doesn’t matter who said what - use your eyes. Can show it from above below or inside the ball.

I work in video & 3D animation. That ball is not touched. Impossible that he could touch that ball in any way shape of form and have zero effect on its spin. Law of physics .

But if you simply cannot accept it - then let’s agree you are right...
    Hi Steveo. Did you see the clip from behind Klaassen though?
    As I said, the other two commentators agreed with the guy who brought the two clips up (behind goal & front of goal). You definitely could see the faintest of touches to the ball before it hit the post.

Anyways, I'd take our keeper being beaten 10 times or more as long as the ball doesn't go in the net.
    Three points. Job done. Up the bum!