Page 35 of 42 FirstFirst ... 25282930313233343536373839404142 LastLast

Thread: Ajax v Liverpool (CL Match Thread)

Still think he's good at shot stopping just shit at everything else.

Hopefully allison doesn't keep getting injured

Gone porto apparently tees I didn't even know but google says.

6th October 2020

Liverpool midfielder Marko Grujic has joined FC Porto in a season-long loan deal.

The 24-year-old completed a move to the reigning Portuguese champions on Tuesday evening, ahead of the Primeira Liga’s transfer deadline.

Grujic will spend remainder of 2020-21 with Porto, who have started the domestic campaign with six points from their opening three matches and will also compete in the Champions League group stage.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    How are we 'out of sorts'? THE main thing that knocked us out of our imperious form was Klopp bringing Fabinho backi nto a side that had been playing his preferred 433 the best we ever have, he obviously isn't aware of the age old Liverpool adage ' if it aint broken, don't fix it'

The Villa debacle was the result of Jurgen playing a midfield that was found out in the 18/19 season with teams setting up to counter and release players through transitions involving players in Fabinho's area, Southampton immediately did it brilliantly in his first game back last season and despite the eventual scoreline in that game, in truth we were fortunate not to get beaten and then at Watford we were beaten for exactly the same reason

I would only 'have a look' at 4231 in the event we were without Thiago and Henderson as the other midfielders in any combination can't play as a 3 to anything like the required level, as they demonstrated tonight and v Villa. If we only have one of Hendo or Thiago available they have to play CM, teams target Fab very successfully, but it was noticeable v the bitters that with Hendo and Thiago either side of him, the variation of passes and number of switches that continually made them readjust and move mean they could never get set to try and work a transition, i still think it will make it far easier for teams to defend and counter against us and congest the area and render as many as 6 of our best 11 far less effective

Not sure which players you think you're protecting long term, we're only short at CB and playing 4231 isn't going to help that, playing 433 with the press and counter press at the levels it reached in Fabs absence last season would definitely help it, there many of those games it was so good Virgil and Joe never had to break a sweat. Playing the right midfield and forwards to make it that good again and possibly even better with Thiago seems the best solution to best manage our current situation
    In our last 14 pl games since the restart
    We've won 8
    Drawn 3
    Lost 3
    27 points out of 42
    1.93 ppg - that's less a traditional top 4 rate !!
    Goal difference +8

If that's the new normal, it's just not good enough.

The villa debacle was imo due to their stacking their left side to attack our right and only having one 6 to adjust to that tactic.
    But each to their own.

I'm glad you can accept that Thiago can play in a 2 in 4231
    Last edited by CCTV; 22nd October 2020 at 02:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Do you have eyes that work in Ireland... Adrian doesn’t get anything on that ball. He dives and he misses it you only have to watch the slow mo once to see the ball.

Come on now - leave the potatoes alone and get some carrots in.

Seriously now - it won’t make any of you less Liverpool fans for being able to accept the truth.

I'd agree with you he didn't get anything on it, but that's based on their being no sign of a slight change in the balls trajectory.
    But if we say he was barely beaten and the shot was off the post, its hard to say he didn't have it covered imo.
    Were the ball ever so slightly more 'on target' Adrian is pushing it onto the post.

I only saw it the once, perhaps some video of the shot might be worthwhile. Though I do appreciate your comedy postings tbh

Keep em coming guys...

All you have to do is look at how the ball is gently spinning - the spin never changes - not even the teeny tiniest amount... I mean it is as clear as can be - just look at the slow mo on a proper screen.

Glad you like the humour.. I thought you would appreciate
    Last edited by Steveo; 22nd October 2020 at 03:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Keep em coming guys...

All you have to do is look at how the ball is gently spinning - the spin never changes - not even the teeny tiniest amount... I mean it is as clear as can be - just look at the slow mo on a proper screen.

Glad you like the humour.. I thought you would appreciate
    Is he a perfect stand-in? Nope. Does he make unnecessary, unpressured mistakes? Definitely

He didn't concede. It doesn't matter if it hit the post or got cleared. That's part of the game. We don't judge other keepers with the goals they could have conceded.

He was atrocious v Villa. He's been awful in other games too. Equally, he has played some good games.
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

Quote Originally Posted by vin View Post
    Is he a perfect stand-in? Nope. Does he make unnecessary, unpressured mistakes? Definitely

He didn't concede. It doesn't matter if it hit the post or got cleared. That's part of the game. We don't judge other keepers with the goals they could have conceded.

He was atrocious v Villa. He's been awful in other games too. Equally, he has played some good games.
    Is this not just a rather long winded way of saying what I said at first?

"He isn’t that bad a second choice.

Worth noting though that Adrian was beaten twice last night."

Think we are probably in agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by vin View Post

They were all atrocious at Villa. Gomez did him no favours for the opening goal, he went to go for the ball, then decided to change his mind, giving the scorer the time and space he needed to score the opener. Also 3 deflected goals in the same game is very rare, especially against the same team.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    They were all atrocious at Villa. Gomez did him no favours for the opening goal, he went to go for the ball, then decided to change his mind, giving the scorer the time and space he needed to score the opener. Also 3 deflected goals in the same game is very rare, especially against the same team.
    We were also very unlucky v Villa. Yes Berkley could have scored a few more but we missed a hat full too - not so much in shots but chances passed up. Could have been a very different score.

And and and... if anyone is still pining for some European footy this evening you can watch RZ Pellets WAC
    CSKA Moscow at 20:00...

Is it my failing memory, or was Adrian once playing well for us, and we were all saying at last we've got a decent backup keeper? It's a shame that at some point he went all Karius on us.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!