Page 38 of 42 FirstFirst ... 28313233343536373839404142 LastLast

Thread: Ajax v Liverpool (CL Match Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    If it aint broken don't fix it

We drew 3 and lost 1 of our 12 games at 4231 that season, i know because i checked the line ups on the official site

We won a Champions League final with 433 and a first league title in 30 years last seaon smashing almost every record and club record in the process and we'd have smashed the all time points record but for the enforced Covid break and Jurgen's tinkering

We can't weaken ourselves just to give players that aren't good enough to make a place in the 11 their own, they have to work hard wait for their chance and earn it, we've never done it before either, except for with Fab and Joe, but Jurgen has a weird thing going on with those 2 as all managers seem to with 1 or 2 player

To me it seems utterly moronic to suggest changing something that has won us a Champions League and premier league title and has provedbeyond any shadow of a doubt to be THE best and most consistent system to get the very best from our players
    I have it that we played 12 games in the pl in 4231 that season - Won 11 drew 1.
    The official LFC site has us down for playing 433 in our solitary loss to man city.
    https://www.liverpoolfc.com/match/2018-19/first-team/manchester-city-v-liverpool-live-matchday-blog-pl
    I'm not sure what place is telling you we played 4231 against city, or where the other 2 draws occurred, Leicester 1-1 was a draw.

In our other 26 games won 19 drew 6 lost 1
    At the time I posted a thread and owing to the quality of opposition, I tried to adjusting and it still held we did better in 4231.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Wtf is cfwd and rfwd ?
    Centre forward and right wing forward would be my guess.

For example, it appears Mane has a better goal/assist per game record at rwf than at lwf.
    Though the difference might very well not be significant.

Left or right Mane is boss.

Might have been a game where we played 4231 with Mane CF, will have a check later on today.

Manè was absolutely boss on the right in his first season with us. We were scared shiteless when Salah came in that we'd move Sadio left and somehow make him worse.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    @ Justin

No haven’t seen it - was it the same shot.?!? Were the pundits all drunk ex footballers? please dig it out - I can only reiterate - doesn’t matter if 500 pundits say it was touched if it in fact it wasn’t.

I posted the highlights - the slow mo is in there - it is clear as crystal that Adrian does not get any kind of a touch - IF the ball changes direction along its path then it is in the shot - swerve. I could blow on the ball and create a slight deviation to the spin yet - there is literally no change.

Really not sure why we are debating what is clear and obvious

Here I have made a cut of the ball and I cannot see any change whatsoever in the spin.

Now it is technically conceivable that he has in fact got the slightest of touches BUT he would have to touch it in such a way as to have zero perceptible effect on the spin.. The odds of that are incredibly long...

Take a look at the clip. If you can show me another one from behind the goal that shows a sudden change in direction - I am happy to accept my wrongness.

I was looking for the clip online but can't find it Steveo.
    Offender Of The Offended...!!

It`s Better To Reign In Hell, Than Serve In Heaven!

Fair do’s... Personally I am a bit concerned that we didn’t manage to score ourselves.

Think we can ride the new rear guard setup provided we are scoring lots of goals with regularity - defences inevitably creek when front lines falter.

Really want to get Jota in the goals - looks like a fabulous threat.
    Time to start Jota and give Firmino a rest (kick up the arse).
    Offender Of The Offended...!!

It`s Better To Reign In Hell, Than Serve In Heaven!

Jesus wept, it was an entirely different league when Mane last played RFWD regularly was the 2016-2017 season Let's not mention all your meaningless stats on Gomez when i said how ridiculously well our defence had been protected in that run and other than winning foot races tolong balls through the channel he hadn't had any real defending to do, we have since seen in abundance how unfortunately accurate i was, sadly pretty much everytime Jurgen's picked a midfield that can't press like we did in that run or rather decided to fuck about with something that has seen our team reach incredible new heights to give a player we'd been far better without minutes

A bit like what you're advocating now tbh
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by justincredible View Post
    Time to start Jota and give Firmino a rest (kick up the arse).
    Precisely - doesn’t mean we love him any less but he needs that kick.up the backside to discover his edge again. That or he might need a bit of a rest. The guy is all over the pitch - never stops the graft.

Precisely - doesn’t mean we love him any less but he needs that kick.up the backside to discover his edge again. That or he might need a bit of a rest. The guy is all over the pitch - never stops the graft.
    Not for me, Bobby's notched up 2 assists while apprently being shit and Jota's nowhere near up to speed with our press and counter press which it is more vital than ever it's as good as it can possibly be right now and Mane gifted the ball to the bitters for their equaliser trying a dumb ass no look flick with only 11 minutes left when all he had to do was make sure we kept the ball when he was last moved to cfwd for the last 15 minutes last time out in the league, so, no thank you very much
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

There is far more to this game than the press and counter press. There is also the basics which Bobby is struggling with right now. he is our number 9 and pivot for our attacks - when off form there needs to be an adequate replacement. Part of the reason why Bobby is off form is that he has absolutely no threat to his position. that has to change. Jota needs a go while Bobby is being ineffectual by his own high standard. The guy needs a break - I can see it and so can many others. It is just an opinion but I think it is born out when watching the last 15 or 20 games.