Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Sheffield United

Fab had played centre-back 5 times for us I think.

Including clean sheets against Ajax, Chelsea and Bayern.

That's hardly all down to him and is a small sample size, so am not getting ahead of myself, but that's a decent record, so far - really is.

Well at Chelsea and Ajax the clean sheets were more down to him than anyone else.

Fab's been great at CB another who's far better than Gomez

Midfield wise it's pretty straight forward for me, if both Hendo and Thiago are fit to start play Fab at CM with them either side, if only 1 is available there's no way id play him at CM teams are too clued up in how to set up to play off him, or play a low block like Atletico first leg, let him have it without attempting to close him down because he won't hurt them with his distribution and concentrate their efforts on our one midfielder who could, Hendo in that case
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Could we see the great man back in goals tomorrow night ? A late fitness test for him tomorrow apparently.

wow, with Leeds beating Villa 3 nil, they are going to thrash us about 10 nil or 10-2 when we next meet so it would seem..
    Sir what is going on.. things is not going according to plan. u promiss early signing. noting happen. Man u 3 player now

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    wow, with Leeds beating Villa 3 nil, they are going to thrash us about 10 nil or 10-2 when we next meet so it would seem..
    Hi Taksin,
    But things never quite work out like that with football.
    We beat Leeds 4-3
    We lost to Villa 7-2
    Leeds beat Villa 3-0
    We beat Palace 9-1 in 89/90 but lost the fa semi to them 4-3.

Big game tomorrow win and we are right in the mix after 6 games.. Gonna be a strange season for results..
    I will be interested to see how West-ham approach Man-city tomorrow.. They were like statues against them at the end of last season. Yet they ran themselves into the ground against us.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Big game tomorrow win and we are right in the mix after 6 games.. Gonna be a strange season for results..
    I will be interested to see how West-ham approach Man-city tomorrow.. They were like statues against them at the end of last season. Yet they ran themselves into the ground against us.
    Don't forget that City are without Fernandinho (out for about 6 weeks with an injury picked up in the CL) and could also be without De Bruyne (was injured but apparently trained with the team yesterday) and a few other injuries.

They're still a tough nut to crack even without major players like that and of course they got back Aguero from a lengthy injury spell.

I don't mind admitting that they are one of the teams I'm keeping an eye on even with their early-season injury issues and struggles for form (just like us), because as we all know only too well they're probably the only team that can start a season not so great and then go on a title-winning unstoppable run on the back end of the season.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

This is a Pay Per View game isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    This is a Pay Per View game isn't it?
    Yep. Bloody disgrace. I urge anyone willing to pay £15 for this, dont. Try streaming it for one night only free on the numerous websites and give the £15 to food banks.
    Only in the UK is this happening.