Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 710111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: This week's other games 24.10-26.10

Whaaaat, you mean arguably the second best CF in the world on form might possibly be an upgrade on one of our players? No way!
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    Whaaaat, you mean arguably the second best CF in the world on form might possibly be an upgrade on one of our players? No way!
    honestly didn't think he was all that before, but in this new role he's amazing, mourinho is getting the best out of him.

His link-up is incredible that's how to do it

Shame he's stuck at spurs, don't know who'd afford him he'd have to put his foot down and make a big thing to get out of there I guess.

He should be winning stuff.... not playing with that lot, but english.... imagine the price it's such a waste
    Last edited by Kev0909; 27th October 2020 at 02:52 PM.

Just imagine if Mourinho got the best out of Dele Alli, what's going on there?

Kane was a top top striker before his injuries iirc, Kev. Remember his being compared to Lewa in a favourable fashion.

I rate him extremely highly - think he's good enough to play for any club in the world.

Agree about the price. That's the point I've continuously made about Bobby - upgrading him would seemingly cost silly money.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by stevie harkness View Post
    I saw a documentary on Tottenham, Mourinho had only just come in. He was discussing Alli with his assistant coach and Levy, accusing him of not putting the effort in. Whether he meant on the training ground, in games or both, i don't know. It's no coincidence he never gets a look in now. Looks like he needs to find another club.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Quote Originally Posted by stevie harkness View Post
    The difference a good attitude makes

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    And we're still above them in the league. Considering we're rubbish and have Bobby up front.
    Crazy.
    I have us ahead of Bayern for the champions league. So I'd disagree with your appraisal/sarcasm. We are well of our best but we'll get there again.
    Still a very good start to the season for Kane with 5 goals and 8 assists in the opening 6 PL games

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    Kane was a top top striker before his injuries iirc, Kev. Remember his being compared to Lewa in a favourable fashion.

I rate him extremely highly - think he's good enough to play for any club in the world.

Agree about the price. That's the point I've continuously made about Bobby - upgrading him would seemingly cost silly money.
    I know, and I know i'm being greedy but i've always felt like we're one player away from being unstoppable, even back when we had torres- I felt we was 1 or 2 players short, and if we didn't have ngog as backup- could of been a different story back then

Obviously better days now but still can't help but think how much we could dominate with this team before players get past there "best"- if we had that extra player, be it a very very good CB or striker one or the other.

And then I look at city with the money they've spent and laugh, they should have this team i'm on about, but luckily pepe has gone to shit as a manager in my eyes, tactically has no idea sometimes, and the recruitment strategy is hilarious- but thank fuck otherwise we wouldn't be winning the league
    Last edited by Kev0909; 27th October 2020 at 04:49 PM.

I see your point, Kev, but I don't think any team is ever really unstoppable. E.g. I'd put money on Bayern not winning the CL this year. Even that mighty Barcelona fell to Inter and it was only the UEFA conspiracy / paid off ref that got them to the CL final the year before.

I do agree that we should always be looking to improve, if reasonable in any way. We just have to weigh the added points a signing like that would get us against other options for squad investment. E.g. I don't think upgrading on Adrian is worth it, if that money could go to... idk, let's say a replacement for Matip.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    I have us ahead of Bayern for the champions league. So I'd disagree with your appraisal/sarcasm. We are well of our best but we'll get there again.
    Still a very good start to the season for Kane with 5 goals and 8 assists in the opening 6 PL games
    We can get there again and surpass our previous best now we have both Henderson and Thiago with the creative abilities to switch play, play through balls and balls over the top as we did all of so brilliantly at our previous best when we only had Henderson who could play those balls and with Thiago having a greater variety of creative passing

I really didn't like the 4231, it didn't work and we hamstrung ourselves somewhat by rendering a number of our best players and their relationships and interactions with others that have been built up and developed through 3 years of continuity of selection, position and formation considerably less effective

I guess Jurgen's trying it because of the sheer volume of games, he feels he can't stick with pretty much his best 11 as he always has previously, with those not developing and raising their levels and not being able to play the system to the required level or at least facilitating it functioning barely seeing any game time. I personally think it's all a bit Corporal Jones "Don't panic, don't panic, i'm in charge" after the injury to Virgil as he has to keep playing the CB's and Trent because that's wwhere we're short, and at RB Neco's not ready and does stupid immature things every game and our second best option at RB Gomez is needed at CB, everywhere else we've got loads of options to give players some rest without any need to alter formation at all.

Panicking about the number of games and insisting on a change of formation then including Mo, Mane, Bobby AND Jota in that line up, when we are going to have to try and give our front 3 some rest and in Jota we finally have a top quality option to do that at LFWD and RFWD in Jota makes no sense at all. If it's to try and blend him in so he's better when needed to come in at LFWD or RFWD, how exactly does that work playing him in a formation in which all our usual positioning, movement relationships and patterns of play have gone completely out of the window? It makes no sense at all

All a bit Corporal Jones, just needs to take a deep breath, with the analysis team look at what exactly made us so brilliant and consistent and our press virtually inpenetrable in that run in Fabinho's absence last season and work on that and improving that. It can be improved upon and players can still have some rest because we now have Hendo and Thiago

If he can't trust Matip Fabinho and Gomez to read and win the headers from attempted long balls that press restricted most teams to, and to step forward and tackle the striker trying to play between midfield and defence when necessary (Matip and Fabinho both do this exceptionally well) why are any of them in his squad at CB?
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”