Jürgen Klopp has described his personal and professional admiration for Rhian Brewster ahead of Liverpool's meeting with Sheffield United.
Brewster swapped Anfield for Bramall Lane during the transfer window and, in his notes for tonight’s matchday programme, Klopp detailed his feelings about the striker.**
“The games we had against them [Sheffield United] last season were as tough as any we faced, be it in domestic competition or European football. Both games could have gone either way. Anything less than our best and I know we will have problems today. But we won’t allow that to happen. We will be ready,” the boss writes.
“There is one change to Sheffield United that certainly makes them more dangerous. And that is the arrival of Rhian Brewster. Our guy, our man - this will always be the case in our hearts. But now on the pitch he is Sheffield United. And anyone who knows Rhian will be aware that sentiment will be firmly left outside of Anfield when he arrives today.
“It would not be possible for me to understate my love, respect and admiration for Rhi. Such a special guy on and off the pitch. I’m not going to lie, agreeing to that transfer was really hard.*
“He is a natural-born goalscorer. It’s in his DNA. He is a coach’s dream as he is so eager to learn but also a beacon of positive energy. He had some really hard moments with us, but throughout he never once lost belief and he was always someone who would light up a room, even when he experienced really tough times.*
“We miss him but we are delighted that he has found a fantastic home at Sheffield United. Hopefully he has an off-night this evening and then when we travel to Sheffield. But for the other games we all support him and wish him success.”

More...