Page 26 of 32 FirstFirst ... 161920212223242526272829303132 LastLast

Thread: Liverpool v Sheffield United (Match Thread)

I probably am - just feels a bit wrong to be comparing anything between those two.

Modric has been one of the very finest Midfielders around for over a decade - playing at the very highest level for both club and country.

Commentators have a wankfest over Luka because he is an exceptional technician. We love Jordan but he isn’t going to get that kind of praise because he simply doesn’t entertain at anything like the same level.

I wasn't comparing Hendo and Modric both are very different players, I was pointing out that Hendo actually plays numerous absolutely world class balls, really a lot over the course of a season and just doesn't get due credit for it, whereas if one of the 'name' players plays a ball of two thirds the quality exactly the same, with a little more sexy or refined looking technique, it's a wankfest
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

World class balls...?

What’s a world class ball?

Modric is world class - Hendo isn’t. Simples. I get what you are saying but really - people will cream over certain players with top class technique - Bacon face gets it too - and he is also class. One day he might be good enough to hold down a central midfield role at the Bernebeu or Camp nou.. It really isn’t easy to play at those places mate - or to consistently carry a tiny nation like Croatia of justb 4.5 million population - and even to a World Cup final.. You really do need to be at the very highest level.

Henderson gets plenty of credit - more than his fair share as he is also an England player - he has been superb for us of late - but he really isn’t close to as good as you suggest .
    Last edited by Steveo; 28th October 2020 at 01:02 AM.

Henderson's switches and balls over the top of defences camped on the edge of their area from distance are world class, he plays more of them with greater consistency than any player on the planet right now and all of last season, that cross for Mane, the only player he had to aim for v Sheffield UTD was absolutely world class, as was his pass for Mane that got Christiansen sent off v Chelsea, he churns out that quality game in game out, even his little through ball Minamino should have buried tonight, absolute class, if bacon face plays that ball, the weight of it, the pick, the direction, it's a wankfest

That’s a relatively easy ball dude.

Give it up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2ci36UfvUI

The one v Norwich is simply incredible and yes, that is a huge difference with having Hendo at CM, look at all the runs and movement and them being connected

And if the passes and switches Hendo plays 5 or 6 of every single game are so easy, how is it that until Thiago's arrival we didn't have a single other midfielder who can play them? And when I watch other games and their full back or forward make those runs and are wide open their midfielders can't play them either? Don't take it for granted or underrate it, what Henderson does is absolutely exceptional
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 28th October 2020 at 01:23 AM.

Mate - these are pretty ordinary balls. ONLY in sodding England where nobody has any fucking technique is this even a ball to watch and replay.

Whoever made that video should get the underwhelming football award. Seriously very little there is worth a look.

You better get ready because Thiago will - who himself is no Modric - will play a better ball than any of these in ever game he plays.

Come on man.

Here Pjanic - will beat 2 or 3 men and play consistently more difficult and incisive passes.

Last edited by Steveo; 28th October 2020 at 01:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Mate - these are pretty ordinary balls. ONLY in sodding England where nobody has any ducking technique is this even a ball to watch and replay.

You better get ready because Thiago will - who himself is no Modric - will play a better ball than any of these in ever game he played.
    It really isn't Steveo, you completely underrate what Henderson does, I watch a lot of games in a lot of different leagues, until Thiago arrived we only had Hendo in our entire midfield contingent who could play those balls, i'm not fucking interested in how pretty the fucking technique looks, because I'm not a fucking ponce, i'm interested in the accuracy and effectiveness

You think it is easy to drop a ball over defenders on the edge of their own box perfectly to find the run of a forward from 40 yards? oh dear Steveo

I think it is easy yes - take a look a Pjanic - and he isn’t Modric class either. Hendo is a solid pro - decidlh average most of his time with us - Come good under Klopp’s system.

Why try to paint him as something he clearly is not..?

You saw him tonight - without a world class front 3 to make amazing runs all the time ... what did he do..?
    Last edited by Steveo; 28th October 2020 at 01:33 AM.