Page 25 of 32 FirstFirst ... 15181920212223242526272829303132 LastLast

Thread: Liverpool v Sheffield United (Match Thread)

We have also the best recruitment team in world football. So rarely do they make an error. They know exactly what they are looking for and go out and get it, whether from Bayern Munich, Wolves, Roma or Hull.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    We have also the best recruitment team in world football. So rarely do they make an error. They know exactly what they are looking for and go out and get it, whether from Bayern Munich, Wolves, Roma or Hull.
    Gotta say Jota really impresses me.. When i first saw Mane play for us. You could naturally tell he was special. I have the same feeling about Jota.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Again can we get Gini tied down to a new contract?..He may not be the greatest or most gifted player in the world. But what a brilliant attitude he has.
    Even though he may leave in the summer. You cant doubt his commitment. He was everywhere in the second half. Closing the opposition down.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    Klopp makes a good point that we played midweek, while they had a full week of training. They certainly looked fitter to me.
    We made it easy for them Southern, played to their strengths and not at all to our own, both full backs struggled to get involved as they usually do, Mane was anonymous for 80 minutes except for the 10 minutes through habit, he instinctively moved to his usual LFWD position and provided the assist for both our goals and he's been on fire and is normally a constant threat, we never had a forward in the advanced position left or right for the switch, to win the second ball from any clearance of the switch or to open up the space for Robbo and Trent by running in behind and for them to be released and to link with them the entire game.

We tried to play through them and it was a disaster, we got robbed trying to play through them and gifted them more opportunities for transitions and counter than we gave away across all games in the last 2 seasons, playing through teams isn't what won us the Champions League and Premier League and our lads looked like complete strangers for a lot of it struggling to keep possession and to find each other or create anything because the players they usually link up with weren't where they have been for the last 80 plus games
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Yep and look how Mané has developed from there, now one of the best two or three attackers in World football. So strong on the ball, so quick and such an intelligent footballer. My current favourite Liverpool player, in a squad laden with incredible talent

Well, we got the win, showed our incredible mentality again and if there was a game to first attempt 4231 in this was absolutely it, we were pretty luck to get the win, if Jurgen wants to adopt it more he really needs to put a lot of work into players still taking up their normal LFWD and RFWD positions when we have possession and making those same runs and movement as we only created the 1 early opportunity from the 4231 set up and not having those LFWD and RFWD runs took far too much away from what made us European, Premier League and world champions

We actually nullified Mane for 80 minutes of the game, our attacking full backs and our switch balls that allow us to stretch sides and are so often the catalyst for our making a breakthrough

The great thing from yesterday was Jota, got another goal and he was very good in the press and counter press at times and it's created something of a conundrum and a real problem for jones, Shaq, Milner and others as he looks very much like he can flourish at RCM as well ass in the forward positions which gives Jurgen an 11 which he can revert between 433 and 4231 during different periods of games if that's what he wants to do

Both our goals came from Mane assuming the position he's played as he's played it for the last 3 years rather than being where he was asked to be in the 4231 which didn't work and as good as Jota was, we actually looked far more dangerous and were finding our usual spaces and link ups when Millie came on and we were 433, as you'd expect having played that for most of the last 3 years

A lot of work and rweaks to be done if Jurgen wants to persist with 4231, 433 with Jota at RCM might be worth a look

it's worrying if mane and salah are ever out

Since febuary 2020

Only players with double figures salah 13 mane 11, the rest are 2, including new signing Jota (so that's promising) at least firmino matches wij and VVD now

(in the league)

As I stated at the time, commentators having a wankfest over Modric's ball for Real's equaliser, Hendo's v Sheffield UTD was much better and Modric had more time and space to weigh it up too

Did you watch England v Croatia at the last World Cup 19...?

Even at his ripe old age - Luka Modric is on an entirely different level.

I do admire your loyalty but do behave.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Did you watch England v Croatia at the last World Cup 19...?

Even at his ripe old age - Luka Modric is on an entirely different level.

I do admire your loyalty but do behave.
    You're missing my point I believe