Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 18212223242526272829303132 LastLast

Thread: Liverpool v Sheffield United (Match Thread)

Hes technically very good. hes the best passer of a football ive seen in a long time.. The ball he passed to Mane the other day .across the ground through Sheff back line was outstanding. I actually think Henderson is a much better passer than Gerrard ever was. Gerrard often gave the ball away when he played long passes. But Gerrard obviously was world class in the number 10 role.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

I think he has developed into a really great leader, especially since Gerrard left the club. He leads on the pitch. he leads the press. He shouts at every player who doesn't do his job right on the pitch. He is responsible towards new players coming in and helping them settle. He was the first premier league captain to get the other captains together to support the NHS. He gives very responsible interviews and is all round a great representative of our club. Every squad member speaks very highly of him. I think he is a big part of why we have such a great dressing room and team spirit, (with help from Virgil and Hames Milnerinho) which many other so called big clubs don't have.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    You tell me in what way he's a leader. People used to look to Gerrard for inspiration when they were behind, and most times he obliged. We had other great captains down the years too. I wouldn't put Henderson anywhere near them.
    That was the problem when Gerrard was captain..Half the team expected him to be the best player on the pitch and he was..Just the rest of them didn't do their job. Henderson is more a team player in that sense. Hes not the best player in the 11.But hes a damn fine one..
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Hes technically very good. hes the best passer of a football ive seen in a long time.. The ball he passed to Mane the other day .across the ground through Sheff back line was outstanding. I actually think Henderson is a much better passer than Gerrard ever was. Gerrard often gave the ball away when he played long passes. But Gerrard obviously was world class in the number 10 role.
    There's one playing with him that's a better passer, Alexander-Arnold he also gets more assists and more dangerous at set pieces. Gerrard got us out of so many scrapes during his time here, a stat that Henderson could only dream about.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Quote Originally Posted by faridtoxteth View Post
    I think he has developed into a really great leader, especially since Gerrard left the club. He leads on the pitch. he leads the press. He shouts at every player who doesn't do his job right on the pitch. He is responsible towards new players coming in and helping them settle. He was the first premier league captain to get the other captains together to support the NHS. He gives very responsible interviews and is all round a great representative of our club. Every squad member speaks very highly of him. I think he is a big part of why we have such a great dressing room and team spirit, (with help from Virgil and Hames Milnerinho) which many other so called big clubs don't have.
    What's the NHS got to do with anything, and when interviewed, do you think players are going to say anything different, especially about a teammate.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Gerrard was world class in any position, he proved it often enough.

Re NHS ..it shows leadership and initiative.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    What's the NHS got to do with anything, and when interviewed, do you think players are going to say anything different, especially about a teammate.
    Putting the NHS ahead of his club is apparently a good sign of his captaincy.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Putting the NHS ahead of his club is apparently a good sign of his captaincy.
    I'm only really concerned with how players perform on matchdays. Other things will take care of themselves.

But leadership, which is what you were originally talking about, is something much bigger than just on matchday.