Page 29 of 32 FirstFirst ... 192223242526272829303132 LastLast

Thread: Liverpool v Sheffield United (Match Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by faridtoxteth View Post
    But leadership, which is what you were originally talking about, is something much bigger than just on matchday.
    BTW, In what way is he and other players supporting the NHS ? Is it monetary or just clapping for them at 8 oclock each week, which incidentally doesn't happen now.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    BTW, In what way is he and other players supporting the NHS ? Is it monetary or just clapping for them at 8 oclock each week, which incidentally doesn't happen now.
    I'm not sure on the matter, but I believe they set up a charity fund so that any wages they declined to take would not go to the club but to the charity fund to support the NHS frontline staff.

I'm only really concerned with how players perform on matchdays. Other things will take care of themselves.
    Same, think he does a good enough job on the pitch leading the lads. No lack of effort in his game and constantly at the ref in a respectable enough manner.
    Been in great form himself over the last season or 2.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/jordan-henderson-helping-launch-new-21969266

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Same, think he does a good enough job on the pitch leading the lads. No lack of effort in his game and constantly at the ref in a respectable enough manner.
    Been in great form himself over the last season or 2.
    That's right, his improvement on the pitch coincided with Keita walking through the door, before that happened, apart from 2013-14 season when most players upped their game, he was no more than average. Had Keita continued the form that prompted the club to buy him, i believe it was Henderson whose place was under most threat. I'm not saying he isn't a good player, just not as good as some of the people on here think he is. Unlike the front 3 and most of the back 5, he, along with the others in midfield, wouldn't be that hard to replace. I haven't seen enough of Thiago to comment either way.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Let's rework an old cringeworthy chant for a player, Premier League, Champions League, World Club Champioship and European Super Cup winning captain, who is a phenomenal leader and inspiration to all the lads and without who it simply wouldn't have been possible who actually worthy of it

Number 1 is Henderson Number 2 is Henderson Number 3 is Henderson and Number 4 is Henderson, we all dream of a team of Henderson's, a team of Henderson's a team of Henderson's....
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Let's rework an old cringeworthy chant for a player, Premier League, Champions League, World Club Champioship and European Super Cup winning captain, who is a phenomenal leader and inspiration to all the lads and without who it simply wouldn't have been possible who actually worthy of it

Number 1 is Henderson Number 2 is Henderson Number 3 is Henderson and Number 4 is Henderson, we all dream of a team of Henderson's, a team of Henderson's a team of Henderson's....
    Cringeworthy chant. Give over will you.

Gerrard was world class in any position, he proved it often enough.
    Except for the odd slip? He wasn't world class at DM you don't get 2 opposition managers stating brazenly in their pre match interview they're going to set up to play off your DM in 2 consecutive games if they're world class in that position, Lambert and Pulis i think

Stevie is and absolutely will always be a legend at LFC, if anything i loathe Rodgers for slightly tarnishing Stevie's legacy through playing him at DM trying to make himself appear clever

The difference between this side and the sides Stevie played in is the incredible togetherness through the humility and respect and support of each other of all the players, there were a few Stevie and carra included for whom it was all about them, they never put a foot wrong and were always blaming and cunting the other players off, Owen was exactly the same too, even some of the scousers labelled Gerrard 'Stevie Me' that doesn't make a great captain or for a great team or dressing room. When Keane starting carrying on like that Whiskey face binned him off sharpish, for exactly those reasons

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Cringeworthy chant. Give over will you.
    Made me frickin cringe, to say it's a little rich for some here who used to belt that out to try and critique Hendo's technique or leadership and like 'team Sky' Carragher were desperate too see Hendo out the door is the understatement of the century