Page 27 of 32 FirstFirst ... 1720212223242526272829303132 LastLast

Thread: Liverpool v Sheffield United (Match Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Mate - these are pretty ordinary balls. ONLY in sodding England where nobody has any fucking technique is this even a ball to watch and replay.

Whoever made that video should get the underwhelming football award. Seriously very little there is worth a look.

You better get ready because Thiago will - who himself is no Modric - will play a better ball than any of these in ever game he plays.

Come on man.

Here Pjanic - will beat 2 or 3 men and play consistently more difficult and incisive passes.

Thanks, you entirely illustrated my point, granted some of those balls are quality that I'd expect Thiago to play better rather than Hendo, but the type of balls Hendo plays that the first minute of that YT has Pjanic playing, he's not under any pressure, the opposition line is much higher, the distance is shorter and it's a much easier ball and he's sending the player away from goal in a lot of them, as in my previous post, it looks sexier, the technique looks more refined, but they're much easier balls, quite a few of them are running away from the forward or accidently have side spin on them that takes them away from the forward, so although the technique looks sexier and more refined, he's not getting the right kind of spin on the ball either, but you have a good wank all over it, knock yourself out or knock one out
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 28th October 2020 at 01:47 AM.
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Happy to help..

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Thanks, you entirely illustrated my point, granted some of those balls are quality that I'd expect Thiago to play better rather than Hendo, but the type of balls Hendo plays that the first minute of that YT has Pjanic playing, he's not under any pressure, the opposition line is much higher, the distance is shorter and it's a much easier ball and he's sending the player away from goal in a lot of them, as in my previous post, it looks sexier, the technique looks more refined, but they're much easier balls, quite a few of them are running away from the forward or accidently have side spin on them that takes them away from the forward, so although the technique looks sexier and more refined, he's not getting the right kind of spin on the ball either, but you have a good wank all over it, knock yourself out or knock one out
    Dude I am not saying anything much beyond this: Luka Modric is one of the best players in the world - even at 35.. I just took issue with the perceived comparison. You are quite right however I did miss interpret your post. You were simply saying If x did y then people would have a jizzfest.

I guess I just latched onto it in the way I sometimes do when a bit tired and tipsy and miffed at Fabinho’s injury.

Stuck in Pjanic as an example of a player many have barely heard of and who IMO is on another level technically to Hendo.

For me Henderson has become a totally different player. A player we simply cannot do without - but ai stil can’t help feeling that is more due to a lack of quality on our part. Granted every team needs that energy and work that Hendo gives us - but think Thiago - if he can stay fit - will show what the next level brings... And even Thiago - let’s be Frank... isn’t in Modric’s class.

Modric @35

Unbelievably good player. I wonder where he'll rank with the greats when he retires?
    Deserves Xavi type status in my opinion. I remember the summer he signed for Spurs there were rumours he wanted the move to LFC. Not sure if there was anything in it but he was linked to us a number of times in the years prior to Spurs. Always destined for the move to Real or Barca though so we would have lost him anyway but its an interesting thought despite us having Alonso at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Dude I am not saying anything much beyond this: Luka Modric is one of the best players in the world - even at 35.. I just took issue with the perceived comparison. You are quite right however I did miss interpret your post. You were simply saying If x did y then people would have a jizzfest.

I guess I just latched onto it in the way I sometimes do when a bit tired and tipsy and miffed at Fabinho’s injury.

Stuck in Pjanic as an example of a player many have barely heard of and who IMO is on another level technically to Hendo.

For me Henderson has become a totally different player. A player we simply cannot do without - but ai stil can’t help feeling that is more due to a lack of quality on our part. Granted every team needs that energy and work that Hendo gives us - but think Thiago - if he can stay fit - will show what the next level brings... And even Thiago - let’s be Frank... isn’t in Modric’s class. Back to your original point, Yes, Modric IS class.

Modric @35

Salah and Mane are forever linked with moves away. I never see anyone linked with Henderson, that may tell you something. He may be captain but he's not a leader, someone the other players look up to when things are not going their way, like last night for instance. He only changed the game when he went off, they scored not long after.
    Last edited by skyebo; 28th October 2020 at 01:13 PM.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Modric is a class player, i don't know how Spurs managed to get him, there must have been better clubs after him.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Thanks for the link Steveo, it was a good read.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    Salah and Mane are forever linked with moves away. I never see anyone linked with Henderson, that may tell you something. He may be captain but he's not a leader, someone the other players look up to when things are not going their way, like last night for instance. He only changed the game when he went off, they scored not long after.
    He absolutely is a leader. Its probably his best quality. Its what elevates him above his technical limitations imo

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    He absolutely is a leader. Its probably his best quality. Its what elevates him above his technical limitations imo
    You tell me in what way he's a leader. People used to look to Gerrard for inspiration when they were behind, and most times he obliged. We had other great captains down the years too. I wouldn't put Henderson anywhere near them.