Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 222526272829303132

Thread: Liverpool v Sheffield United (Match Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    This illustrates perfectly how shit football is BCD.

Good grief that is depressing. The term ‘going through the motions’ springs to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Good grief that is depressing. The term ‘going through the motions’ springs to mind.
    Certainly is. I'm definitely struggling to "get into it" this season.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    Certainly is. I'm definitely struggling to "get into it" this season.
    I'm the same. What makes it worse is even when we score you can't properly celebrate incase it's chalked off.
    Footballs dying on its arse in every way at the minute.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Except for the odd slip? He wasn't world class at DM you don't get 2 opposition managers stating brazenly in their pre match interview they're going to set up to play off your DM in 2 consecutive games if they're world class in that position, Lambert and Pulis i think

Stevie is and absolutely will always be a legend at LFC, if anything i loathe Rodgers for slightly tarnishing Stevie's legacy through playing him at DM trying to make himself appear clever

The difference between this side and the sides Stevie played in is the incredible togetherness through the humility and respect and support of each other of all the players, there were a few Stevie and carra included for whom it was all about them, they never put a foot wrong and were always blaming and cunting the other players off, Owen was exactly the same too, even some of the scousers labelled Gerrard 'Stevie Me' that doesn't make a great captain or for a great team or dressing room. When Keane starting carrying on like that Whiskey face binned him off sharpish, for exactly those reasons
    What happened to you saying it's what the players say about him/captain/hendo is best
    Has that proclamation been dropped !!

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    What happened to you saying it's what the players say about him/captain/hendo is best
    Has that proclamation been dropped !!
    It is, you should check the offal, Robbo's book, Jurgen himself has broached the subject at least 4 times, Jurgen being Jurgen did it each time in his very Jurgen fashion, the layman's translation was pretty much "We have a number of absolute bellends amongst our fans who take every possible opportunity to deride Hendo and will never give him an ounce of the credit, respect and support he absolutely deserves and should command because he's the player who took the armband after Gerrard" he is of course right and there are sadly quite a few of those here, they'll never change either
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

It is, you should check the offal, Robbo's book, Jurgen himself has broached the subject at least 4 times, Jurgen being Jurgen did it each time in his very Jurgen fashion, the layman's translation was pretty much "We have a number of absolute bellends amongst our fans who take every possible opportunity to deride Hendo and will never give him an ounce of the credit, respect and support he absolutely deserves and should command because he's the player who took the armband after Gerrard" he is of course right and there are sadly quite a few of those here, they'll never change either
    He's not shit but he's not gerrard

I'm sure gerrard would have a better win ratio and more to his name if he had the current squad around him.

Hendersons playing in the most complete LFC squad since i've been alive

Not to mention other teams are nowhere near as good as they use to be.

I can't recall any of our players speaking poorly of Gerrard. As skyebo said it would be untoward of them to speak poorly of players in the squad. Klopp for example has praised Alberto Moreno highly.

I just find it odd how you change the criteria from the players playing with captain hendo to some alleged remarks about stevie me. Some scousers would have called hendo a plodder for most of his early career.

Same with managers fergie's remarks to be mocked, yet Lambert and Pullis in high regard it seems

I rate hendo highly. Hes come on an awful lot under klopp and a clear member of our best 11.
    No Suarez or Gerrard, but I rate him higher that pjanic whose widely rated as high quality.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    I can't recall any of our players speaking poorly of Gerrard. As skyebo said it would be untoward of them to speak poorly of players in the squad. Klopp for example has praised Alberto Moreno highly.

I just find it odd how you change the criteria from the players playing with captain hendo to some alleged remarks about stevie me. Some scousers would have called hendo a plodder for most of his early career.

Same with managers fergie's remarks to be mocked, yet Lambert and Pullis in high regard it seems

I rate hendo highly. Hes come on an awful lot under klopp and a clear member of our best 11.
    No Suarez or Gerrard, but I rate him higher that pjanic whose widely rated as high quality.
    You've misunderstood the one about stevie at DM, that's an old argument that has got and never had anything to do with Hendo. Basically i said at the time it was a shit idea and Rodgers being self indulgent and taking libertys with Stevie try to make himself look clever and it could backfire disastrously and unfortunately it did

I don't think you're alone in drawing the wrong conclusion in that, i think a lot of people assumed i was comparing the 2 because they thought Hendo was playing at DM last season, i on the other hand, as per my comments in my Fabinho thread didn't think Hendo was operating as a DM at all last season, but was operating as a CM using all his experience of DM and RCM to revert to do different roles throughout games as needed and was assisted brilliantly in this by all the other players in that run who rotated positions so seemlessly
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 30th October 2020 at 01:11 AM.

You've misunderstood the one about stevie at DM, that's an old argument that has got and never had anything to do with Hendo. Basically i said at the time it was a shit idea and Rodgers being self indulgent and taking libertys with Stevie try to make himself look clever and it could backfire disastrously and unfortunately it did

I don't think you're alone in drawing the wrong conclusion in that, i think a lot of people assumed i was comparing the 2 because they thought Hendo was playing at DM last season, i on the other hand, as per my comments in my Fabinho thread didn't think Hendo was operating as a DM at all last season, but was operating as a CM using all his experience of DM and RCM to revert to do different roles throughout games as needed and was assisted brilliantly in this by all the other players in that run who rotated positions so seemlessly
    Iirc your stevie dm issue was that in 13/14 you stated we'd have been far better off with Lucas at Dm, stevie in cm and joe Allen on the bench.

I find it odd how you have different standards in your posts about the 2 captains.
    What players say for Hendo v what some scousers allegedly dubbed stevie me. I think that scouser assertion would need to be reality tested tbh. I can't say from what I've see hendo say that hed give that much weight.
    What fergie said about hendo for derision (no beefs with that- he can run fine) versus what pullis/Lambert said - it appears you add gravitas to their pearls of wisdom.

Gerrard at DM mostly in 13/14 racked up 13 goals & 15 assists in the PL in 34 matches.
    The margin of loss was so small, I dont actually disagree with your claim re winning with Lucas over allen, it's just a what if and an unknowable imo.

Regarding captaincy, both hendo and stevie seem like really good eggs, model pros and are great captains.

Gerrard being the better player with an ability to do it on his own more so, makes him the better captain imo. It's a debatable area.

I like how Hendo has a touch of the carras in him, barking at players as does Milner. Gerrard had Carra to do the barking for him and he was enough on his own. A great leader at the back. You can say he was a crappy(less ott term) player, but he was a mighty leader too.
    Last edited by CCTV; 30th October 2020 at 01:38 AM.

No he wasn't, it was in the second half of the season, i did all the comparative stats and his assists and goals from open play were superior prior to the change, you can't count set pieces or penalties he'd have been taking in either position and i didn't

Carra would cunt players off and rip into them when he was the one who fucked up, saw him do it loads of times, with Hendo and Milner and Virgil it's more Pulp Fiction
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 30th October 2020 at 02:02 AM.