Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ... 12151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Liverpool v Sheffield United (Match Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    WIN is all that matters they didnt really threaten second half.

They only scored from a dodgy pen but Sheff Utd should stay up.
    Fulham are already done, so they've only got to be better than two other teams.

I know its early days.. But i do prefer Jota to Werner. Jota can go both ways and play anywhere at the top of the pitch.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

I couldn’t see the game but sounds like a very similar kind of game to quite a few last season when labelled mentality monsters. Sounds like a bullshit pen against us and we still came back - minus Virgil and with a tweaked lineup - won the game. It would be good if we could start scoring more goals to make it less nervous - have to remember though Sheff United are no mugs.

Looks like a good win

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Second half yes, thought he was shaky as eff' in the first.
    Ditto.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    I know its early days.. But i do prefer Jota to Werner. Jota can go both ways and play anywhere at the top of the pitch.
    Not sure about that but I certainly prefer him to bobby.

Two good games in a row from Joe Gomez.
    Gini had a nightmare first half and that was partly why Sheffield were getting joy in midfield. also the system was confusing i think.
    I think Jurgen had a word at half time and Gini upped his game second half.
    A much improved game for Bobby Firmino.
    Don't know what Diogo Jotas best position is in this team.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Love these players.. olden days we would have fallen to bits.
    This

Up the bum job done, we were really poor for 80 minutes of that game with the formation change completely playing to the opposition strengths, throwing so many of 2 or 3 seasons established relationships, movement and passages of play out of the window and we were in truth fortunate to just scrape the victory, and our 2 goals only really came about through Mane instinctively assuming the position he's played for the last 2 seasons and he was otherwise anonymous, and this against and incredibly poor Sheffield United side.

We made ourselves try and play through all game instead of using our switches to the forwards or full backs coming into the space the forwards runs made for them because our forwards weren't in those positions so the switches were neve on and it played right to Sheffiled UTD's strengths. We didn't win either the Champions League or Premier League by being an all singing all dancing passing side, we won by being direct, by using our switches and pace in behind and attacking full backs, pressing and counter pressing and winning second balls

A win's a win, but if we go with that formation and line up against a better side and allow that many transitions in games for the opposition against better teams than tonight's opposition and there are 17 or 18 of them in this league, we'll get trounced. Love Jurgen, but simply cannot comprehend this 'throw the baby out with the bath water' approach he adopted for this game, and it nearly cost us

Hopefully it's a lesson learned that 4231 and throwing all those 2 or 3 season built relationships and understandings through familiarity of movement and positions out of the window is an absolutely shit idea

All the focus as ever on the next game, getting the win and another vital 3 points

Hendo MOTM by a mile, was involved in everything we did that was good and 'looked like Liverpool' both offensively and defensively
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

MOTM Gomez

Quote Originally Posted by faridtoxteth View Post
    Two good games in a row from Joe Gomez.
    Gini had a nightmare first half and that was partly why Sheffield were getting joy in midfield. also the system was confusing i think.
    I think Jurgen had a word at half time and Gini upped his game second half.
    A much improved game for Bobby Firmino.
    Don't know what Diogo Jotas best position is in this team.
    On the bench or as the LCM or RCM given more license to attack like Keita is used
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”