Diogo Jota reflected with satisfaction after his winning goal earned Liverpool a come-from-behind 2-1 victory over Sheffield United at Anfield.
The Reds battled their way to all three points on Saturday night after Sander Berge’s early penalty had put the visitors ahead.*
Roberto Firmino levelled four minutes before the break, with Jota then securing the win with a fine header midway through the second period.*
“It was really hard for us,” the Portugal forward told Liverpoolfc.com.
“We knew how important it was to get back to winning ways after two games without a win in the Premier League and this game was really tough. We needed to come from behind so I think in the end it is a massive three points for us.
“We knew in the second half we needed to come with everything to score the second. We had chances, we had a goal disallowed, but we have to believe until the end and fortunately for us we grabbed the three points.”

Jota has now scored two goals in two home Premier League appearances for Jürgen Klopp’s side and already feels right at home at Anfield.
The No.20 said: “Like I said before when I scored my first one, I just wish these stands could be full to make it even more special. But I think in the end the most important [thing] was that my goal was important to seal the victory, so I’m very pleased with that.”
Liverpool’s busy fixture schedule continues on Tuesday, when FC Midtjylland travel to L4 in the Champions League.
“It’s the calendar,” Jota continued.*
“I think that’s why we need everyone to stay fit, we need everyone to give his best. I think we go game by game but we know how hard it will be so it’s important for us to get the points.”

More...