Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 121516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: Premier League table VAR applied correctly and honestly

The Echo have looked at every VAR decision affecting Liverpool’s games, they have gone into detail on each incident but I have left those who are interested in such detail to go checkout their piece.
    Below is their overall summary and conclusion.

“ Liverpool have been on both ends of some ridiculously tight calls and really, refereeing decisions over offside/onside should never be questioned as subjective but given the nature and fast pace of the game, this is always going to happen.

The Reds have seen 15 decisions overturned by VAR this season according to the brilliant tracking data on ESPN, while two overturn decisions have been rejected. Out of the 17 incidents, 11 have gone against Liverpool and six have gone for them.

That led to no goals scored for the defending Premier League champions and six goals being disallowed. It has also led to three goals being given against Klopp's side and two disallowed. That's an overall net goal total of minus seven.

There have also been inconsistencies in the way rules have been implemented this term, particularly with handball as highlighted above, but one thing that has remained a constant throughout, is that life has been sucked out of the game.

VAR is ruining the football experience for everyone involved and the once unbridled joy that met a goal is now more subdued in hope the men in black don't get involved.”

I have agreed with that final paragraph from the start, cannot stand it.

It was fine until they started applying it corruptly
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Final table

1 Man City P38 W26 D6 L6 PTS 84
    2 Liverpool P38 W25 D5 L8 PTS 80
    3 Man UTD P38 W20 D9 L9 PTS 69
    4 Chelsea P38 W19 D10 L9 PTS 67

So
    City: Arsenal draw -2
    Liverpool: Everton win +2 Brighton win +2 WBA win +2 Southampton win +2 United win +2 Chelsea draw +1
    The filthy: Chelsea lose -1 Liverpool lose -1 Villa draw -2 Fulham lose -1
    Chelsea: United win +2 Liverpool draw -2

Considering the effect VAR had on those results, the pressure and loss of confidence it caused, led to a drastic loss of form in the middle of the season, pretty safe to say we'd have been there of thereabouts despite our injuries and maybe would even have pipped City and with such a close race, with the added pressure on them, would they have amassed as many points?

Part way through my letter to FIFA and UEFA asking them to investigate the Premier League, English FA and ref association, asking them to put more detail in the laws on fouls to remove any or most of the alleged subjective bollocks and to sanction the VAR officials who pertinently ignored the laws of the game in instances that were clear and in which no alleged subjectivity can be applied, mandatory fouls

Instances they ignored the laws of the game with the benefit of VAR replays:

Van Dijk was onside v the bitters
    Pickford should have seen red whether or not Van Dijk was offside
    Mane was onside v the bitters
    Ref blowing up early with Mane clean through v the filthy - obliged to play at least the amount of stoppage time on the board
    Handball blocking a shot on target v Southampton - Mandatory foul and penalty in all instances no subjectivity allowed
    Handballs by Kante v Liverpool and Greenwood v Villa - Mandatory foul and penalties in all instances, no subjectivity allowed
    Failure to disallow Cavani's superb strike after replays clearly showed Fernandes hadn't touched the ball, meaning Cavani was 2 yards offside

Rose tinted glasses 🤣🤣

I must admit
    The Everton and Brighton one shock the team.

The pogba penalty tripping himself up took the biscuit.
    Video here would be good to see.

Vvd thiago everton
    Brighton
    Injuries / car
    Loss of belief ; many chances squandered.
    January to March
    Really hit the squad.

*var (not car)

You could add to the list

Failure to award a foul for the West Brom player climbing on Fabinho to score their equaliser - clear foul and encroachment in the laws of the game

Failure to award a penalty for Bailly's foul on Phillips - It wasn't the follow through, Phillips, who is hard as nails and never goes down easily was writhing on the floor clutching his shin, Bailly's studs made contact with Phillip's shin before he even played the ball, it was clear on replays, although not the best angle, you can see the direction of Bailly's foot change as it passes Phillips' shin, he caught him on the shin first

Rule changes: Nail down these fouls where a defender catches a players leg accidentally in their natural running stride as mandatory fouls - I saw 15 of these fouls this season 14 were given, only one wasn't , take the subjectivity bollocks away from our corrupt officials

Nail down this follow through being a foul if the player tackled was in possession of the ball and take any subjectivity bollocks out of that too - If the player wins clearly wins the ball and the forwards continuing forward movement is as responsible for any contact between the 2 as the defenders - No foul If the defender follows through further than necessary with excessive force - foul

Sort the bloody offsides out, use the position of players feet only or through calculating the average speed of players and how far the can travel in 0.1 or 0.2 of a second, change the laws so a different thickness of line must be applied in VAR review in instances when the frame rate is unable to pin point the exact time the ball was played and also calculate what 0. of a second the frame rate is out from the actual point the player played the ball, and/or put a sensor in the ball and synchronise that with the footage

I have it on good authority that a Burnley staff member farted loudly and with deliberate intent just as Salah went clean through - the sound being magnified by the empty stands.... he naturally missed. We would surely have gone on to win.

At St Mary’s a Saints player is rumoured to have let one go near the centre circle at the start of the second half - unleashing a gut wrenching, potent stench. The suffocating odour was said to be utterly debilitating within a 2 mile radius for anyone not acclimatised.

So that’s another 6 points - making us League Champions again.... and by double the margin City managed in 2019!

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    I have it on good authority that a Burnley staff member farted loudly and with deliberate intent just as Salah went clean through - the sound being magnified by the empty stands.... he naturally missed. We would surely have gone on to win.

At St Mary’s a Saints player is rumoured to have let one go near the centre circle at the start of the second half - unleashing a gut wrenching, potent stench. The suffocating odour was said to be utterly debilitating within a 2 mile radius for anyone not acclimatised.

So that’s another 6 points - making us League Champions again.... and by double the margin City managed in 2019!
    Haha 😄🤣😂

Nice work, Nineteenx

Someone had to do it and it was always going to be hard to calculate and keep track of other teams. Whether you are correct or not is hard to say but the potential is there for the discrepancy you perceive to have occurred. Of course the law of changing influences means it is ultimately incalculable, as Steveo tried to parody above. If we were on the receiving end of injustices, as we undoubtedly were, that continues to affect the team and undermine confidence, further affecting performances.

I suppose we have to work on anti-fragility. Fight back and win