Thread: Premier League table VAR applied correctly and honestly

Premier League table VAR applied correctly and honestly

1 Liverpool P6 W5 D0 L1 GF16 GA13 GD3 PTS15
    2 Everton P6 W4 D0 L2 GF14 GA10 GD4 PTS12
    5 Chelsea P6 W3 D2 L1 GF 14 GA9 GD5 PTS 11
    7 Arsenal P6 W3 D1 L2 GF9 GA7 GD2 PTS10
    14 Man City P5 W1 D3 L1 GF 8 GA9 GD-1 PTS6
    15 MAN UTD P5 W2 D0 L3 GF9 GA13 GD-4 PTS6

That's where all the clubs affected positively or adversley should currently stand but for corrupt application of VAR especially for all you the best team always wins the league crowd
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

While I like many others called out the skullduggery of officials in the game v the blueshites in real time, think it's a bit funny to claim games would follow the exact same history when you retrospectively alter the score.

With regards to our draw, we lost a winning position twice and really that is something we should look to ourselves to sort.
    Virgil will be a big miss naturally.

Thanks, 19x

I tried to start a thread last season tracking this, intending to expose the 'swings and roundabouts' cliché. I'll be impressed if you can keep it going..

Out of interest - how have you judged the Derby result. On what basis were the decisions that effected the points incorrect?

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    Thanks, 19x

I tried to start a thread last season tracking this, intending to expose the 'swings and roundabouts' cliché. I'll be impressed if you can keep it going..

Out of interest - how have you judged the Derby result. On what basis were the decisions that effected the points incorrect?
    There are numerous points to consider re the derby, firstly it was entirely clear Virgil was not offside Calvert-Lewin was very clearly playing him on and by a good half a yard, there was nothing remotely marginal about it, so it should have been a penalty and Prickford should have been red carded as he should have even if Virgil had been offside, that isn't my 'opinion', that is the laws of the game as demonstrated by Michael Oliver in the same game when sending off Richarlieson for another horrendous tackle he made after Oliver had already blown his whistle for another foul.

Mane was not offside for Hendo's late winner

Adjusting the score to 3-2 for an incorrectly ruled out late winner is all i have done, had VAR not been misued and the laws of the game applied correctly the bitters would have been reduced to 10 men and facing a penalty for 2-0 in the 12th minute of the game and would have got a considerable beating without question

The correct thing to do is to bin VAR, but we all know it won't happen because so many people wanted it brought in, and to get rid of it now would cause so much embarrasement. Those people should have been more careful for what they wished for. I was one of only a handful who said it wouldnt work and they shouldn't bring it in as it would cause more problems than it would solve. VAR gets more air time than the games do. New things are brought in to improve things, not to cause controversy and confusion. I forgot to watch SSN this morning to see what Dermot Gallagher had to say, no doubt he agreed with every decision that the officials and VAR made. I've yet to see him disagree with them.
    Last edited by skyebo; 26th October 2020 at 06:08 PM.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

I didnt know at the beginning how the offside rule would work with Var.. I mentioned how would they solve really close calls..And its been borne out. Of course the clowns at the FA have such a barmy rule about armpits to make it even more bizarre.Means the officials have to line up lines with armpits and legs and arses and on so on.
    I would keep Var but get rid of offsides let the linesman deal with it. If he makes an error so be it.VAR is good on sending's offs.
    Just need the clowns in the booth to get them decisions correct now.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    The correct thing to do is to bin VAR, but we all know it won't happen because so many people wanted it brought in, and to get rid of it now would cause so much embarrasement. Those people should have been more careful for what they wished for. I was one of only a handful who said it wouldnt work and they shouldn't bring it in as it would cause more problems than it would solve. VAR gets more air time than the games do. New things are brought in to improve things, not to cause controversy and confusion. I forgot to watch SSN this morning to see what Dermot Gallagher had to say, no doubt he agreed with every decision that the officials and VAR made. I've yet to see him disagree with them.
    VAR is not the issue, the issue is the Premier League English FA and refs association being bent as fuck as they have been for the last few decades and failing to use it for the purposes of its inception and ensure decisions are correct and the laws of the game are applied correctly because doing those things completely removes their ability to adversely and perversely decide the outcome of games, league champions and top four positions they have enjoyed for the last 30 years

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    I didnt know at the beginning how the offside rule would work with Var.. I mentioned how would they solve really close calls..And its been borne out. Of course the clowns at the FA have such a barmy rule about armpits to make it even more bizarre.Means the officials have to line up lines with armpits and legs and arses and on so on.
    I would keep Var but get rid of offsides let the linesman deal with it. If he makes an error so be it.VAR is good on sending's offs.
    Just need the clowns in the booth to get them decisions correct now.
    People are still complaining about offside decisions, that was one area it was suppose to solve.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Simplest thing to me with VAR would be to pick a body-part and stick with it as the ruling.

Look at Athletics and the chest as an example. If the attacking player's chest is level with or behind the chest of the last defender, he is onside and if it's ahead of the chest of the last defender, he's off.

Would surely be a slight improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    People are still complaining about offside decisions, that was one area it was suppose to solve.
    Simple solution has always been to use a line and take it from the positions of the players feet as that is the only part of their bodies being further forward than the defenders that can possibly give an attacker an advantage