Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171821 ... LastLast

Thread: Premier League table VAR applied correctly and honestly

I don't feel we need to pretend the decision is pure objectivity right now. Or that it exactly mirrors reality.

Why should it when that's clearly not (and never was going to be) the case?
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

It is nearly 2021.

Players should all have a GPS tracker inside their shirt badge.

Audio can easily be used to detect the moment a ball is played - if attackers GPS signal is more advanced than the last defenders at the time of pass/audible ball strike....then player is offside - if the attackers GPS signal is behind the defenders he is onside..

No multiple replays needed - no mass delay and a simple clear rule. Forget sleeves or toes... Hawkeye for offside

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    I don't feel we need to pretend the decision is pure objectivity right now. Or that it exactly mirrors reality.

Why should it when that's clearly not (and never was going to be) the case?
    We have given up a lot to introduce these measures and they clearly don't make anyone feel the decisions have improved overall. The only reason to make those sacrifices would be to hand over the subjective decision making of the officials to the objective perception of the computers. If that reasoning doesn't stand up to the reality, then we have lost a lot for nothing.

But there's always the promise of things improving. So it will never be reversed now. Much like lockdowns and tiers. Those in power love to feel they are fixing the problem, even if they aren't.

Certainly needs to take the human error out of it Steveo or it’s absolutely pointless.
    If they could work something akin to your suggestion, it becomes similar to goal line technology and no disputing the decision. There has only been one incident I can recall where goal line technology failed to get it right and absolutely hundreds of examples where VAR get it wrong.

Never mind the offsides, it’s the same with penalties. How was Brighton’s penalty given yet the Newcastle one last night not given?
    It should just be for offsides with a system development which is similar to goal line technology or scrap it altogether.
    It’s an absolute mess.

It's a pity the fans haven't been allowed in grounds since the Covid situation as a fan boycott of games, even for one weekend would make these clowns in control take notice.
    Offender Of The Offended...!!

It`s Better To Reign In Hell, Than Serve In Heaven!

Know it is a touch off-topic, but does anyone know how many League goals we have conceded since the Van Dijk injury?

My working thinks it's 9 which could of course be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Know it is a touch off-topic, but does anyone know how many League goals we have conceded since the Van Dijk injury?

My working thinks it's 9 which could of course be wrong.
    Since the Everton game 6 PL goals conceded. Plus 3 goals conceded in the Champions League.
    Offender Of The Offended...!!

It`s Better To Reign In Hell, Than Serve In Heaven!

Quote Originally Posted by justincredible View Post
    Exactly Steveo.
    Another poor decision by VAR for Son's goal. The VAR official froze the picture a frame too early. The ball was still in contact with the player's foot as it was on the halfway line, so why did VAR freeze it a foot before that? The answer is obvious. He wanted the goal to stand. By the next frame Son is a foot offside, not an armpit hair. That's why it looked offside in real time.
    Something smells fishy about these decisions.
    Absolutely agree Justin, Son was offside 100% Steeveo's image is indeed frozen a frame early before the ball has left LoCelso's foot, there were 2 handball penalties as the rules are supposed to be being applied and have been being applied we weren't given also
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    SIX points clear FOURTEEN clear of UAE FC already although they do have a game in hand

1 Liverpool P13 W10 D2 L1 PTS32
    2 Chelsea P13 W8 D2 L3 PTS 26
    3 Tottenham P13 W7 D4 L2 PTS 25
    5 Leicester P13 W7 D1 L5 PTS22
    8 Man UTD P11 W6 D1 L4 PTS19
    11 Man City P12 W4 D6 L2 PTS18
    With all our injury and fatigue issues and we're STILL 6 points clear and fourteen ahead of UAE FC
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    there were 2 handball penalties
    Has anyone got a link to the second one?

They did replay it once if I remember right