Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2567891011121314151617181922 ... LastLast

Thread: Premier League table VAR applied correctly and honestly

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    It was actually onside - in terms of what should be the case - BUT in terms of how VAR was used to rule out Hendo’s goal v the BS it is offside.

I mean they can’t say Mané is off but Son is on. If Mané is off Son is more off surely...?

The image of Son itself tells the story of misused VAR, Son's very clearly still looking waiting for the ball to be passed at the frame they have stopped it, because, at that point the ball hadn't been passed, it hadn't left Lo Celso's boot, at the point Lo Celso played it, the frame would show Son's head in a position in which it was turning towards our goal to some degree, not looking back waiting for the pass
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

I'll update it later, but we should be 7 points clear on 37 pts, Chelsea second on 30 the filthy third on 29 pts

Did anyone think VAR would have judged Sadio to have been obstructed by the goalie last night?

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    Did anyone think VAR would have judged Sadio to have been obstructed by the goalie last night?
    For me absolutely - obviously depends on the guy/gal reviewing BUT Rashford or Salah go down and get a penalty - possibly twice. Mané was too honest and focussed on the ball.

We are a nice side - we don’t appeal for these things very often - think that is why Salah gets the rep.. He does go down easy but the rest - they need to be shot before they go to ground.

He should have gone down. Players are forced to do that whnever they've been impeded, otherwise they get no decisions whatsoever.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

How do you get a VAR review in that situation? Does he have to go down and make an appeal, will an appeal from the captain do or is it a subjective decision from the ref?

I actually thought he did fall down from the genuine obstruction but just didn't scream like a little girl.

He should have screamed like a little girl to alert the ref to the fact that there was a decision to be made. If he says peno -> VAR has to review it, if not, VAR still takes a look as it's a major incident which the ref has seen... I guess.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    It should have been a pen, their keeper hooked Mane's leg with his arm ti stop him getting to his parry before their defender, WBA's goal was a blatant foull on Fab too, it's making a mockery of the prem now, as it's clearly bent as fuck, corrupt

The officials have decided that LFC are not gonna get 60/40 calls..Its a mind set they have and its corrupt. Its back to the days before VAR. we were often at the bottom of the list when it came to correct decision making.
    Anyone who thinks from here on in. things will improve for us. regarding decisions on the field and in the VAR box. Its not. we are going to have to win games all by ourselves. just ignore the obvious mistakes from officials.
    10000000000000% last evening the penalty awarded to man-united would have been overturned if it had been us.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    The officials have decided that LFC are not gonna get 60/40 calls..Its a mind set they have and its corrupt. Its back to the days before VAR. we were often at the bottom of the list when it came to correct decision making.
    Anyone who thinks from here on in. things will improve for us. regarding decisions on the field and in the VAR box. Its not. we are going to have to win games all by ourselves. just ignore the obvious mistakes from officials.
    10000000000000% last evening the penalty awarded to man-united would have been overturned if it had been us.
    60/40? Are you having a laugh? It has been corrupt beyond belief, every big decision in our games they have given 100% against us, they are constantly looking to review nothing incidents and taking 3 or 4 minutes looking at such incidents no doubt deliberating if they can give another plain wrong decision against us and get away with it and not reviewing or bringing to the refs attention actual blatant errors they have missed in fouls against us

1. Chelsea pen
    2. Prickford's challenge on Virgil
    3. Mane offside also v bitters
    4. Pen given against us v Brighton
    5. Son offside v Spurs taking his position a frame early before the ball was passed
    6. Clear foul on fab for WBA goal, climbing both arms practically around his neck pushing him down
    7. Newcastle keeper fouling Mane hooking his leg with his arm to prevent him beating their defender to his parry

These weren't mistakes, just clear corrupt bias officiating and that list isn't exhaustive