Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 691011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Premier League table VAR applied correctly and honestly

Quote Originally Posted by SydneyLFC View Post
    the VAR system isn't the problem, it's the same problem as pre-VAR - inconsistent interpretation from the officials. The human element is the problem. I imagine, some time in the future, a computer system will rule... and people wont like that either.
    It's it being corrupt and bent as fuck that's been the issue, most of what's been given very wrongly isn't subjective at all, it's very clear cut and there's no excuse for it or other explanation than it being corrupt and deliberate, it seemed to kick in with avengance after the club pushing for a breakaway European super league and to putting the voting powers in theirs and a handful of other clubs hands, i guess it absolutely rubbed people at the Premier League with the power and influence to orchestrate a stitch up the wrong way
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

There are just some things there you can't explain away or try and excuse as subjective

Virgil being played a good tard onside by Calvert Lewin v the bitters and VAR not correcting that

Prickford's challenge The Mane offside

The Brighton pen

The West Brom player very clearly fouling Fabinho, they showed the snippet in the build up, simply sickening

It's not restricted to games we dropped points in either, the Chelsea pen and what the fuck is anybodies excuse for the Son offside goal? Stopping the footage a frame early when the ball's not left Lo Celso's foot is subjective is it?

Am I missing something with the ball hits hand incident in the 70th odd minute last night? Carragher was saying it hit his chest - didn’t look like it to me. Is there a reason why VAR didn’t have a look at it? There were appeals so why didn’t the ref have a look?
    Does it count for shots from outside of the box? It must do.

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    Am I missing something with the ball hits hand incident in the 70th odd minute last night? Carragher was saying it hit his chest - didn’t look like it to me. Is there a reason why VAR didn’t have a look at it? There were appeals so why didn’t the ref have a look?
    I think they've pretty much stopped looking at those type of incidents unless its a clear hand to ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    Anyone would think Carragher is a United fan he full on seems to be bitter about us.

He is awful as a commentator but he is doing as he is told whilst his dickhead sidekick can say what he likes without being challenged.

It’s only a matter of time before Sky loses football and that will be good hopefully the clubs get to do their own PPV.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Anyone would think Carragher is a United fan he full on seems to be bitter about us.

He is awful as a commentator but he is doing as he is told whilst his dickhead sidekick can say what he likes without being challenged.

It’s only a matter of time before Sky loses football and that will be good hopefully the clubs get to do their own PPV.
    Agree totally. Hes become very irritating. His over the top hyperbole is ridiculous.
    Almost goes out if his way to not seem biased for likes off neutrals.

Indeed fucking me off and we'll probably have to hear him for many years to come

shame he didn't get sacked for the spitting incident, he would now that's for sure

why didn't he do something useful like become a coach or even a manager of some sort? be stevie g's assistant

Dan Kennett put a thing up on Twitter -

10,000 Monte Carlo simulations of the XG values of #LFC's 87 shots since scoring.
    It's more likely that we score 10 than zero.
    Most likely occurrence is 5 goals scored.

The last month -

462 minutes
    87 shots
    51 shots in the box
    8 big chances
    7.1 XG
    Zero goals

I wouldn't read tooooo much into these things, but those little bits aren't falling our way. Which is also present at the other end - maybe against West Brom Alisson actually reaches the ball and we don't concede a corner etc.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

You only need to look at the chasm of difference between Souness' reaction (a true club legend and true great of the game of yesteryear) to our current shortfallings and Mr Me Carragher's

And let's make this clear, had the almighty God awful, but for 'anyone but Liverpool' still rife in UK football culture and punditry if it were any other team they would have been all over it series of absolute bent decisions and stitch ups in that game v the bitters had happened to the filthy, partizan Neville would have been all over it on MNF, all fucking over it drawing his own lines, highlighting Virgil was a yard onside asking how the FUCK VAR haven't called it, highlighting Prickford's foul was a straight red whether Virgil had been offside or not and highlighting the very clear footage of him taking his eyes off the ball and targeting the player and again asking how the FUCK VAR haven't called that and been highlighting the Mane non offside and asking how many times larger than life size they'd had to blow that image up to say he was 1mm offside, until they made the lining on the rear of his shorts 10mm thick? and point out that the guidance ahead of this season was they weren't doing the 1mm bullshit and he would have highlighted it to the rafters and rightly so, as he should with any team to be fair and THAT would have nipped it in the bud and we wouldn't have this thread

What did Manc apologist Carra do or say? Absolutely fuck all, more concerned on himself and his projected image on Sly Sports and theiving a living as a professional football pundit and LFC die hard like he did for the last 4 years of his playing career with us
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 22nd January 2021 at 06:16 PM.

You couldn't make it up, I just found this nugget of contradiction of the premier league website

"The hands or arms of all players are not considered for determining offside position.

The line was drawn on the outside edge of Mane’s right upper arm
    , the "green zone" on the image below, which put him in an offside position."

There is an image to, the only part of Mane that was behind the bitters defender by the alleged 1mm is his right fucking elbow