Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1316171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: Premier League table VAR applied correctly and honestly

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Thing you have to realise about me is that I am VERY different from the rest of you, I am not and have never lived in the world pulled over my eyes, I was around 12-13 when I realised that most of what was in the news was misinformation and a form of conditioning and control, simply because things that were on the news about privatisation, sale of council homes and other thngs to me were very obviously untrue, lies and misinformation, yet the grown ups in the house believed them because they were on the news or in their paper and to me, there was something very wrong with that

I've been brilliant at many things, a big part of that has been having bipolar, because my mania, up until the Manc cunts ruining my life, was always incredibly productive, the best way to explain it is that you run incredibly hot, you're processing far quicker than any normal person, you feel like superman, months of 3-4 hours sleep a night, never tired, so you're producing greater quality and quantity of work than normal people, you are literally on fire

The other part of it, I hadn't really realised until my dialogue with Steveo in this thread, I have never accepted or been part of what 95% of people accept as the status quo, I've always questioned everything, most people go into a new place of work and don't do that, they go in and conform to the status quo and way of doing things as they are when they arrive, because unlike me, they've spent their entire lives conforming and being conditioned to conform to the status quo, so it's simply drummed out of most people very early to do what I do and ever question the status quo

It's very clear on quite a number of threads here
    Did you write a letter to FIFA & UEFA asking them to investigate VAR?
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    I have it on good authority that a Burnley staff member farted loudly and with deliberate intent just as Salah went clean through - the sound being magnified by the empty stands.... he naturally missed. We would surely have gone on to win.

At St Mary’s a Saints player is rumoured to have let one go near the centre circle at the start of the second half - unleashing a gut wrenching, potent stench. The suffocating odour was said to be utterly debilitating within a 2 mile radius for anyone not acclimatised.

So that’s another 6 points - making us League Champions again.... and by double the margin City managed in 2019!
    😄. Pumpgate!

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    Nice work, Nineteenx

Someone had to do it and it was always going to be hard to calculate and keep track of other teams. Whether you are correct or not is hard to say but the potential is there for the discrepancy you perceive to have occurred. Of course the law of changing influences means it is ultimately incalculable, as Steveo tried to parody above. If we were on the receiving end of injustices, as we undoubtedly were, that continues to affect the team and undermine confidence, further affecting performances.

I suppose we have to work on anti-fragility. Fight back and win
    Thanks Taskin

Well, people can argue the toss or parody how it put it together, in my summations there are a number of incidents, that under the laws of the game are very clearly outlined mandatory fouls, which there is absolutely no excuse whatsoever for VAR to make the wrong call on, fouls that there is zero room for the bullshit 'subjective' narrative to be applied to.

The reason I am writing to UEFA and FIFA is I believe the Premier League, English FA and refs association MUST be held to account and be made to explain decisions and actions by onfield and VAR officials that are contrary to the laws of the game, other than deliberate calculated bias there is no excusing the actions of all the officials and they should all be disbarred from officiating games with immediate effect.

It amounts to deliberate match fixing, whatever their motives, that is what it was pure and simple and with the Van Dijk incident and subsequent later foul on Thiago, these officials failure to apply the laws of the game and act contrary to them endangered player health and safety which is wholly and entirely unacceptable, and by upholding the officials decision on review with the benefit of very damning replays, the FA are equally as guilty.

I am suggesting, as having watched several Champions League and Europa League matches this season and not found the same issues in either competition, that UEFA have a panel of top Champions League refs study the footage as part of the investigation
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

I think it’s great that you’re writing to them. The decisions have been inconsistent, hard to predict, hard to understand, and easy to doubt (as with the choice of exactly when the pass is made in an off side call).

It may have no effect but it may have a positive effect but you won’t find out unless you actually do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    I think it’s great that you’re writing to them. The decisions have been inconsistent, hard to predict, hard to understand, and easy to doubt (as with the choice of exactly when the pass is made in an off side call).

It may have no effect but it may have a positive effect but you won’t find out unless you actually do it.
    They should at the very least be made to offer an explanation for a complete failure to apply the laws of the game in the clear instances they deliberately failed to do so, the one's where there is no room for their subjectivity bollocks because the laws of the game do not allow for it and for endangering player safety
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Any one know how many English refs have been invited to ref. the Euros. Was it the last worlds or Euros that there was not one in sight.

Jokes aside - here is more evidence of what we were up against this season.

19 is quite right - this should be highlighted to the relevant authorities because it appears way beyond coincidental.

https://www.givemesport.com/1696582-...y-finished-3rd

This short clip sums it up nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    This short clip sums it up nicely.

was literally just about to post this but it was on twitter

I think my fav was "possible offside" while they literally adjusted the line so it wasn't straight , no shame.

I do think sometimes it's just rub of the green, you get luck and other times you don't, but.... it's a bit more than that this season I feel.I mean some of them are 50/50 but wouldn't of been given if it was other teams
    Last edited by Kev0909; 25th May 2021 at 08:51 AM.

Absolutely - it is rub of the green to a large degree and last season (2019/20) I felt we got plenty of it... but I do also feel we have been harshly treated for decades - since the birth of Sky Sports & the Premier Leagues inception.

Obviously rival fans would say I am biased but I think it’s clear that certain clubs get away with more than others and that one club in particular ( ahem Filth ) are actively aided wherever possible. We are their only rival - and we have had the piss ripped out of us this season.

I think that - coupled with the sad demise of Klopp’s mother is most responsible for our middle of season collapse. The sense of loss at his mother coupled to the relentless tide of poor or flat out wrong calls against us. It would turn even a winner like Jurgen into a very fragile, defensive and paranoid state.

Regardless he still got that team - minus any senior Centre Backs, its Captain and with plenty miles off form to take 26 from 30 points...!

It’s fantastic and we should celebrate it to be honest..

BUT

We must not forget what happened, and must try to make sure we are never treated so unfairly again.