Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 14171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: Premier League table VAR applied correctly and honestly

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    This short clip sums it up nicely.

There's a few in there I'd omitted because there were too many to remember The Newcastle keeper grabbing onto Mane's legs to stop him beating their defender to the ball being one

I focused on the most obvious and significantly on ones that were a failure to apply the laws of the game, but it is absolutely fucking grim watching that, the only offsides I included were Virgil's and Mane's v the bitters, that clip shows how intense and simply bias beyond the pale greater than anything I have ever witnessed in 44 years of watching football

You could create a very lengthy video nasty of the persistent fouling of our players that was allowed too, Hendo got injured through Dacoure being allowed to foul him and drag him back by his arm for fully 10 seconds and the multiple incidents of WWE defending on our forwards, but nothing doing, but the slightest touch by one of our players, the SLIGHTEST, and it's a free kick to the opposition

We were playing to an entirely set of different rules to every other club this season, that's not rub of the green and other clubs had a different set of rules of what they could and couldn't do when they were playing us, a lot of what teams were allowed to get up to in fouling our players persistently, they weren't allowed to do the same in games against other clubs
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 25th May 2021 at 11:15 AM.
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Absolutely - it is rub of the green to a large degree and last season (2019/20) I felt we got plenty of it... but I do also feel we have been harshly treated for decades - since the birth of Sky Sports & the Premier Leagues inception.

Obviously rival fans would say I am biased but I think it’s clear that certain clubs get away with more than others and that one club in particular ( ahem Filth ) are actively aided wherever possible. We are their only rival - and we have had the piss ripped out of us this season.

I think that - coupled with the sad demise of Klopp’s mother is most responsible for our middle of season collapse. The sense of loss at his mother coupled to the relentless tide of poor or flat out wrong calls against us. It would turn even a winner like Jurgen into a very fragile, defensive and paranoid state.

Regardless he still got that team - minus any senior Centre Backs, its Captain and with plenty miles off form to take 26 from 30 points...!

It’s fantastic and we should celebrate it to be honest..

BUT

We must not forget what happened, and must try to make sure we are never treated so unfairly again.
    Exactly Steveo, considering everything that happened to our lads, quite a lot of it deliberately inflicted too, relentlessly so, over a period of around 10-12 games, game after game after game after game, to regroup and pull together and lift themselves to finish 3rd is a massive achievement that should not be under estimated and the VAR table doesn't lie and there are quite a few in your clip I didn't include in that,

This short clip sums it up nicely.

What's highly noticeable about this, is the short clips in it that most clearly and accurately show the incidents weren't the ones used by VAR, the Walker-Peters foul on Mane that was a blatant pen, the only one of 15 of those fouls not given, shows just how clear and obvious a foul it was, Walker-Peters reaction told the story too, he knew, but VAR didn't use that shot

Things even themselves out over a season.

Honestly

No they do.

Really

Well .......

Apparently

Thing is, despite the obvious agenda against LFC this season, we had enough clear chances in pretty much every game (except maybe City at home and Villa away) to have won every game this season. Despite having to play most of the season with 6th and 7th choice CB’s and conceding 7 at Villa we had 3rd or 4th best defensive record.
    It was without doubt, the dip in form of the front 3 that saw us fall 17 points behind City. If we took anything like a normal Premier League ratio of clear chances, none of that VAR nonsense could have touched us.

That’s what needs addressing more than anything.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Thing is, despite the obvious agenda against LFC this season, we had enough clear chances in pretty much every game (except maybe City at home and Villa away) to have won every game this season. Despite having to play most of the season with 6th and 7th choice CB’s and conceding 7 at Villa we had 3rd or 4th best defensive record.
    It was without doubt, the dip in form of the front 3 that saw us fall 17 points behind City. If we took anything like a normal Premier League ratio of clear chances, none of that VAR nonsense could have touched us.

Agreed!

Totally agree.
    I'd bet all clubs could put together a list of decisions that they think have robbed them. Every fan says they've been done over by VAR and refs.
    You take care of your own business and 99% of the time theres going to be no need for relying on or complaining about VAR.

Yep top most, I do wonder how many pts salah saved us though, even not being at his best, at least could score (eventually) compared to the others.

it also showed clear problems in midfield that there's 0 goals ( ok a few)

Yep, always said the same, we have to make sure we're more clinical with our chances, opportunities to create then and final balls to create them, not give referees any excuse or opportunity whatsoever to give a wrong one against us and take their ability to affect the outcome of our games out of their hands