Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141518 ... LastLast

Thread: Premier League table VAR applied correctly and honestly

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    That's right and there was also the accidental tangle of legs with Mane which would usually be reviewed and given, that was more of a pen for me
    Yep - and Fulham’s number 11 let one go during one of our attacks .....which distracted Bobby during a build up.....which stopped Mané getting the ball a fraction of a second earlier.....which meant his ball to Salah was the tiniest bit slower than it would have been.....and he missed!

That should have been reviewed too.

There does seem to be a trend towards whinging at every reviewed decision this season as we have become far less imperious.

We haven’t been that great - at least not consistently - for nearly a year ( well since The Watford game last season ) and it is clearly affecting some on here: BUT it has NOTHING to do with fatigue.. honest.

Yes we have had some poor VAR calls - and IMO if the ref looks at a video replay to confirm or change any real-time decision ( he isn’t sure ) then video is the key component in the final decision. But last season we benefitted plenty of times and nobody was interested in a VAR honesty table then.

Fulham should have had a penalty based on Fabinho’s challenge. Video replay was used to determine yes or no - and it was misinterpreted pitch side.

It really is that simple for me.

He did go to the pitch side monitor but stuck to his original decision of no penalty

Yes - I get that and technically yes - the VAR ref wasn't used other than to suggest a second look - but the decision was reached by the ref on the pitch using video assisted replay.. Same technology just a different human making the call. For me whether he changes his decision or not is immaterial - he is looking multiple times and in slow mo and STILL probably got it wrong. If we are honest - Fab takes the geezers foot first

That challenge seems to have split pundits too - Souness believes it is a pen - Jenas - who believes it was 'technically a pen' doesn't want to see games refereed like that....? WTF... I actually agree with him as long as it is consistent.

If we look that closely at every challenge we will never get a passage of play going before a VAR call. However - and this is the crux of the problem - certain VAR calls are looked at in minute detail - replayed 20 times in slow mo to see IF a players Sleeve is 0.1mm ahead of another players shorts... Or IF a player just clips another before a dive/fall/trip etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    I have earlier, obviously all about points gained or dropped as a result of clearly wrong VAR decisions, all by the odd goal
    If you could make a note of which decisions you have overturned when you put up your new figures for the league table, that would make it more interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    That challenge seems to have split pundits too - Souness believes it is a pen - Jenas - who believes it was 'technically a pen' doesn't want to see games refereed like that....? WTF... I actually agree with him as long as it is consistent.

If we look that closely at every challenge we will never get a passage of play going before a VAR call. However - and this is the crux of the problem - certain VAR calls are looked at in minute detail - replayed 20 times in slow mo to see IF a players Sleeve is 0.1mm ahead of another players shorts... Or IF a player just clips another before a dive/fall/trip etc.
    Consistency.
    That's the biggest issue, and the problem with referees/assistants/VAR people in the premiership.
    If that was sorted, we'd all be over the moon.

Did we not miss out on two hand ball VAR penalties tonight?

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    Did we not miss out on two hand ball VAR penalties tonight?
    Did we?

I can only think of the Dier one? That's given at OT, but I don't think it's a pen. He can't do anything else with his arm at that point and I'm not even sure it hits him below the shirt line.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

SIX points clear FOURTEEN clear of UAE FC already although they do have a game in hand

1 Liverpool P13 W10 D2 L1 PTS32
    2 Chelsea P13 W8 D2 L3 PTS 26
    3 Tottenham P13 W7 D4 L2 PTS 25
    5 Leicester P13 W7 D1 L5 PTS22
    8 Man UTD P11 W6 D1 L4 PTS19
    11 Man City P12 W4 D6 L2 PTS18
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    Did we?

I can only think of the Dier one? That's given at OT, but I don't think it's a pen. He can't do anything else with his arm at that point and I'm not even sure it hits him below the shirt line.
    Some fans want us to become the new UTD I think and win every game via a dodgy penalty