Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151619 ... LastLast

Thread: Premier League table VAR applied correctly and honestly

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    Did we?

I can only think of the Dier one? That's given at OT, but I don't think it's a pen. He can't do anything else with his arm at that point and I'm not even sure it hits him below the shirt line.
    They didn't even have a look at it. Does someone have to make an appeal for him to look at it or what?

there was anther shot from the edge of the box, can't remember who but I think it as Salah and it was rising into the arm that was held down, which sort of broke the shot. Neither were pens in the olden days but both looked inescapable to me under current rules.

I was more annoyed by the fact Son was offside yet their goal stood, even though VAR looked at it

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    I was more annoyed by the fact Son was offside yet their goal stood, even though VAR looked at it
    It looked offside to me at the time, and it looks even more offside upon seeing a still frame of the moment the ball was played.

It looks offside because he is offside.

Really scratching my head here - HOW can that be given..?

If its a toe onside. where does the armpit come in to the equation? its all nonsense. Anyway looked offside
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    If its a toe onside. where does the armpit come in to the equation? its all nonsense. Anyway looked offside
    It only comes into the equation if it involves us/Firmino.

Not sure on the offside on in all honesty. Have too look at it again. In the frame they chose he looks marginally on to me.

Re pens: No idea. I guess they took a glancing look at it and decided it wasn't worth a prolonged analysis. I can't remember the second incident to which you referred @Taks. Will have to look at the highlights later.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

It was actually onside - in terms of what should be the case - BUT in terms of how VAR was used to rule out Hendo’s goal v the BS it is offside.

I mean they can’t say Mané is off but Son is on. If Mané is off Son is more off surely...?

The thing with Manč's one is that they take the very last pixel of his sleeve's white end to determine his position. And that one is behind the defender's (looks like it at least). With Son his foot is the body part farthest forward so there's no such confusion.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    The thing with Manč's one is that they take the very last pixel of his sleeve's white end to determine his position. And that one is behind the defender's (looks like it at least). With Son his foot is the body part farthest forward so there's no such confusion.
    They spent about 5 minutes trying to prove Mane was offside ,last night it was done and dusted with on frame show 1 line. To the viewer on TV it was very inconclusive .