Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 202324252627282930

Thread: Liverpool v Midtjylland (Match Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    We are going to need you to make some strategic visits to the khazi when we get corners and free kicks.

Let’s all visualise Matip rising like a Salmon - hanging in the air - and slamming a bullet header into City’s net off the crossbar...
    Scored against then in last season's charity shield
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Is that the first time weve won our opening 2 CL games under Klopp?
    Indeed. 2 wins, 2 clean sheets.

Not a performance to write Home about, but provided we qualify from the group we don't need to sweat too much - February to June is where we really want to be in a groove in Europe.

Beating Atalanta would help a LOT though as good as we are, it isn't a small ask whatsoever - when they click they're incredibly exciting, much like Klopp's Dortmund side were, even if they were prone to the odd heavy defeat when things didn't work.

If we could play the kids/fringe for the last match or two of the group it would be bloody amazing.

In these groups it's just about getting the result. Much like it is in the early months of the season in the PL. We've complained and worried about our slow starts in each of the last three seasons (not necessarily in terms of results, more in terms of performances).

We come good a bit later in the season.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    I sincerely doubt that, most players football heroes they aspire to be like are great players. I honestly never liked him or rated him, there were moments i admired his dogged determination and resilience but his absence of any other qualities a top player needed always completely overwhelmed those qualities

I was at Anfield at the top 4 decider v Arsenal under Kenny, seeing Carragher completely lose Van Persie and completely miss 2 headers to allow him to score as he'd lost the limited ability he had to spot the ball entirely and shouldn't have been anywhere near a Premier League CB position, let alone one at Liverpool, he still clung on for dear life and fought tooth and nail to stay as long as he could.

We've had a lot of players who dearly remember their time at the club and did everything they could to serve it, for Carra it is always more about what the club could do to serve him
    Not sure about the last line but agree with the rest of it.
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

Quote Originally Posted by vin View Post
    Not sure about the last line but agree with the rest of it.
    737 first team appearances for a top club indicates what abilities he had, were enough to keep him in the first team for 17 years. His win rate overall is 54%. That of course doesn't mean it was just down to him, but it shows he more than contributed in his time here. Only Cally has played more games for us, that should tell you something. And Nineteen, you don't like it when people have a go at Henderson, but you are quite willing to stick the boot into Carragher when it suits.
    Last edited by skyebo; 29th October 2020 at 07:08 PM.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.