Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Virgil has successfully surgery

Quote Originally Posted by Joetan991 View Post
    Virgil van Dijk this week kicking a ball as he continues his rehabilitation from a serious knee complaint was a further indication of how the Reds may now be stepping away from the injury abyss.
    Yes i believe he's been in Dubai for a week, the warm weather bound to be better to continue rehab in. Or maybe to get him away from Covid

Great to see Virgil's recovery progressing, outdoor training today, with the ball.

Don't rush it big man, as long as it takes, but seeing him back on a training pitch with a ball has certainly given me a huge lift, again, please don't rush anything, but if he does complete the best possible recovery and we see him again this season, it would be absolutely brilliant
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Great news!

Hard to know where to post things without starting a new thread at the moment. VvD was a bit ropey last night. A bit of an insight from the man himself from yesterday’s press conference;

Van Dijk on ACL injury anniversary: "One year ago, but I am just happy where I am today at the highest level again, playing with joy, working hard and so far we've had results. A lot to improve, personally. But I can only take it day by day. I'm not a robot. I've come back."

"Eyes are more even more than before but I am not thinking about that. I am the biggest critic of myself. I know what I can do better. I just see it as improving as much as I can. I am very confident in how I see things."

“Obviously I've had a long pre-season, off-season and I feel like I am gradually improving by the game and by training. We've been working together for a long time now. Last season was tough. We just try to get back to our best and go for it."

"There are a lot of eyes in my direction 'is he going to the be same?' I just do my best. I am improving. People know how hard it is to come back from this injury. ACL and a complex knee injury, a year ago today. I have work to do but I don't think about others."

"I want to play games, get better, feel confident in what I do. It's going the right way. There is always room to improve."
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Love that bottom line - so true at any level

He was not imperious last night, you could say he got done for one of the goals. On saturday (albeit against a different class of team) he was sensational.

Griezmann is absolutely mustard to be fair but yeah, totally fit Virgil possibly stops him getting a clear shot in for the second.

Looks like he has too much muscle on to me on the upper body. Still playing well all the same.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    Looks like he has too much muscle on to me on the upper body. Still playing well all the same.
    Agreed. He's not quite up to full speed yet and looks half a yard slower but he still makes a massive difference to this team. I'm 99% certain we dont win number 19 or 6 without him.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

He's lacking match practice and I feel, his touch or reactions are a little slower too. A few times his touch/indecision was a little.... Maguireish

Normally you'd have rested matip and let vvd cover for the downgrade Gomez would be. But I'm sure klopp sees vvd isn't fully back yet.
    Hopefully by Xmas he will be fully fit.